Model 2 emulator 0.4 released

Robert
    By Robert,

Finally caught up with this one...

v0.4 Daytonaaaaa

This version includes the (still preliminary) emulation of the Fujitsu MB86234 DSP present in the original Model 2 and Model 2 A-CRX boards. This means that some of the games running in these boards are playable now. The emulation is still preliminary because it has been done by reverse engineering the complete instruction set of the DSP and there are still bugs. This has been possible thanks to the help of Olivier Galibert (that helped me starting writting the DSP disassembler some years ago) and Ernesto Corvi (that analyzed my disassemblies and compared against other games and the model1 HLE in mame). I'll list now the known problems and gliches in the games:

* Daytona USA games: when stopping the car, or starting a course from a stop (advanced and expert) the screen says REVERSE.

* Sega Rally: Automatic transmission doesn't work, only manual.

* Original Model 2 games have wrong colours in the 3D textures and wrong lighting.

To play Daytona USA, when the network check screen appears, press F2 to enter test mode and in Game Settings set the game mode to Standalone.

This package includes the single threaded and the multithreaded version. Use the multithreaded version in systems with more than a cpu, dual core, core duo, etc...

There are several fixes in the syncronization code that should reduce the crashes in the emulator.

>> Get it HERE.

Unofficial command.dat updated

Robert
    By Robert,
    2007-04-08

Command List Update

:Modified: Change file to match MAME ui(see "UTF-8 readme" inside)

:Corrected: Real Bout Fatal Fury, Real Bout Fatal Fury Special, Real Bout Fatal Fury 2

:Added: Martial Masters

>> Get it HERE.

Yape 0.73 released

Robert
    By Robert,

Commodore C-16 and Plus/4 emulator

Happy Easter with version 0.73! 9/4/2007

Just a quick update as there have been a couple of serious bugs in the last release(s). Also, an important change has been made to work around some yet unresolved drive timing issues: the so-called "Coby-loaders" are working better now when the timing hack is activated: without sacrificing TED accuracy (albeit only in the "very high level" - VHA - emulation mode). No additional new functionality has been added. Let's see what's been changed:

* changed the drive timing hack a little for turbo loaders that fail to work properly ("almost" a solution; only in VHA mode)

* drive settings are not lost anymore when switching between emulation levels

* crash bug on saving tapes fixed

* some minor TED fixes in VHA mode

* other fixes

News / Download

FB Alpha 0.2.96.70 released

Robert
    By Robert,

Arcade emulator

FB Alpha 0.2.96.70 Release

Posted on 9 April 2007 at 20:05

* That will teach me to make assumptions that things don't change. I didn't run mamediff on the last release and hence missed some errors in the dat file that manifested themselves after the fixes in the earlier release. All should be fixed now so here is the current version.

Thanks go to LogiqX again for checking the files and pointing out the errors.

FB Alpha 0.2.96.69 Release

Posted on 9 April 2007 at 14:30

* Sped up the FD-1094 emulation a fair bit, so here is a new version. AB Cop has gone from approx. 23 frames per second on my machine to way over 60.

Here's the what's new;

* Optimised the FD1094 routines resulting in a big speedup for those games

* Fixed some minor dat file issues - thanks to LogiqX for pointing them out

News / Download

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS