ZsnexBox v3.0 (Final) released

Robert
    By Robert,

SNES emulator for the Xbox

What's new/fixed:

* Reverted back to the old input polling code to hopefully fix the Xbox adapter issue one user was having

* Added an option to specify the screen refresh. Options are: Vsync (recommended), No Vsync, Every other screen refresh, Every third screen refresh. Maybe this will result in more responsiveness for the users who were experiencing some input lag.

* Added an option to have the screen dim when resizing.

* Updated the FAQ

* Optimized the code some more.

* A general source cleanup

More details about this 'final' version by nes6502:

This is the final release of ZsnexBox.

I'm sure many of you will be disappointed to read this, so I apologize. My new work is keeping me far from my personal PC, and I'm struggling to find time to work on this project anymore. I really can't see when I'm going to get time to add the last few features I talked about adding. So, I decided to release the source and make my final release.

It's been a great run and it has (in my humble opinion) become the best SNES experience to be had anywhere (PC or console - including the Wii). It progressed into something far beyond anything I ever intended it to become.

And in the end I brought the greatest SNES emulator to the greatest home console.

To future developers:

This includes a full source code release. In my whirlwind of releases, I have had little time to clean up the code. So be warned, it is absolutely atrocious from a developers standpoint. Even experienced developers will likely have trouble making heads or tails of much of it. Meaningful variable names and comments are few and far between. So, I don't really recommend anyone picking up this project if they are not willing to suffer through the code for a LONG while. However, much of the code is VERY sophisticated and I'm very proud of it, but a lot of it is written with a speed/hack/get it done anyway I could mentality. Structure and organization are also elusive contents of the source tree. It's an absolute mess. I'm the first to admit it. It is also in a very delicate state and can be broken very easily.

The DSP1 code seems to break every other compile with no apparent reason. If you make a new build, load up Super Mario Kart and Pilot wings. Once the game starts make a save state (I do this on the title screen animations).

Then load that save state. Repeat the loading of this savestate a few times repeatedly. If the game doesn't crash, you have a good build. Otherwise, rebuild it again. This seems to happen randomly (and recompiling often will fix it), but I always test this before I make a release. Tweaking the compiler settings is a really easy way to break DSP1 support. There is also a stack corruption issue that I never was able to solve (never had a debug Xbox). I have essentially hacked around it (by increasing the stack size) but it is still there. This project is NOT for the beginner or the timid. So any future developers who intend to pick up the project: good luck and I'm sorry =)

This project pretty much consumed my life for 8 straight months. Thanks to all that contributed to ZsnexBox with code, answering posts on the forums, researching, testing, or just offered a "good job" in one of my threads. The support is the only reason I kept going. It was actually at a state I wanted it to be many months ago. I don't have any plans for any more ports. So with a lot of regret (and satisfaction over the end result), ZsnexBox has been officially retired.

And to all the "would be porters": It's not nearly as hard as you might think. All it takes is the desire and dedication and you can port anything you want. ZsnexBox is living proof of that.

News Source

Thanks to Xbox-scene!

Two DLDI enabled BIOS/Firmware dumpers for NDS

Mooney
    By Mooney,
    DLDI enabled tool that will dump your DS firmware, Arm7 and Arm9 bios to your device. For more info on what DLDI is, see here.

Currently only tested on a NA DSLite using EZ4LD GBA slot card and EZ5 DS slot card.

Source is not currently included, though if there are enough requests I would probably post it.

Based on: CaitSith’s arm7 asm code posted at GBATemp and a firmware dumper source that I no longer remember exactly where I found it.

Get it HERE

I’m aware that FluBBa and pepsiman have already written BIOS dumpers, but neither of these work well with modern carts (i.e. Slot-1 carts), and no source was available. So I whipped up my own ARM7/ARM9 BIOS dumper that should work on any cart supported by DLDI.

Thanks to Martin Korth for the info on GBATEK, and cearn for helping me with my assembly.

Edit: And right after I posted this I found out about DSBF_dump. Oh well.

Source / Downloads

PSP7800 v1.0.5

Mooney
    By Mooney,

Atari 7800 emulator for PSP

Hi All,

Here is a new version of PSP7800 the Atari 7800 console emulator !

For those who haven't seen previous versions, ProSystem is the best emulator of Atari 7800 game console, running on Windows system. It has been written by Greg Stanton, see Greg's site for details.

What's new in version 1.0.5 :

- New graphical functions with new smoother render modes.

It uses the PSP GPU for rendering, it does not run faster,

but it's a lot smoother.

- Add a new fullscreen option (render mode max)

- Rom selector support now .rom and .bin as valid file extention

- Save state dates are displayed in the emulator window

(it's now easier to identify and to load the right save state slot)

- Multiple keyboard mapping feature (Thanks to Pou-chan) :

You can now toggle between three differents keyboard mapping using

LTrigger and RTrigger keys

- Bug fix in Rom file requester

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.

Sources are included, and this package is under the GNU public license,

read COPYING.txt file for more information about it.

Enjoy,

Zx

Get it HERE

AmiArcadia/WinArcadia 3.1 released

Robert
    By Robert,

Emerson Arcadia and Interton VC 4000 emulator

Changes since 3.02:

* Improved PVI emulation (fixes HUNTING, SHOOTGAL).

* Support for cartridge RAM (improves BACKGAMM, CHESS1, CHESS2, DRAUGHTS).

* Miscellaneous improvements and bug fixes.

>> Get it HERE.

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS