Drunkencoders Christmas Compo

Mooney
    By Mooney,
    xmas-beers.gif

It is that time of year again so get your coding hats on and send in some wintery creations. The prize pool is at $170 and the school term is winding down which should allow me to aggressively pursue a larger purse.

On that note, donations are welcome in any form. Cash is always well received but just about any gaming related hardware would be a wonderful addition to the prize list.

Support the scene and donate, or better yet submit an entry.

http://www.drunkencoders.com/compo/compo.htm

PSP iR Shell 3.0 Released

Mooney
    By Mooney,
    iR Shell 3.0 public release is out. Besides firmware 1.5, this version now fully supports firmware 2.71. Pls refer to the release note for details on new features.

Source/Download

CrocoDS Alpha 0.1a released

Robert
    By Robert,

CPC emulator for the DS

Translated from French by Google

CrodoDS Alpha v0.1a

CrocoDS is an emulator of CPC 6128 for Nintendo DS.

I bought myself a DS 2 months ago. As a developer (since almost 20 years), I am quickly buys a EZ4 lite to benefit from the homebrews.

My first computer having been a CPC, I was very disappointed not to see any emulator of this one.

After some research, I found that nrx then Alekmaul planned to create theirs it has a few months but much time did not have to devote to them.

Time, I do not have much more but I want terribly of an emulator CPC. The big problem, it is that I do not have any experience under development comforts.

I have thus to start to carry Caprice32 (best emulator CPC on PC).

After a few hours, I am to arrive has to make turn a version on my DS but with a framerate of 5fps, I am quickly disappointed: my small console is much slower than the pockets GCV to which I am accustomed. Wouldn't that be right a soft dream to emulate a CPC on a DS… However, there are Megadrive emulators which turns at full speed.

I thus will make a turn on the other sites proposing of the CPCs emulators. It is which I fall on Dream CPC. It is about the bearing of emulator WIN-CPC of Ludovic Delplanque on Dreamcast. If somebody succeeded in making turn an emulator CPC on Dreamcast, it must inevitably have average to make some turn one on DS.

I thus start again my project on the basis of the sources of WIN-CPC.

I arrive quickly at a version which turns to 30fps. I am on the good way.

After some small optimizations, the emulator turns to 90% the speed of the CPC. It is thus playable.

This version allows the loading of files SNA and DSK which are in the root of cartridge GBA (use of the LIBFAT of picodriveds) while pressing on the Select button.

The button R made starts again the emulator. The button L switches between the emulation joystick/keypad/clavier.

My next modifications will be to replace the core Z80 out of C by a version asm (I think of directing myself towards the bookshop DrZ80 Reesy to create for MAME), to add the support of the zip images.

The bitmap of the keyboard is temporary: it is about a version massacred of what ninxpe with fact for AmE DS. If somebody has a little time to devote to another keyboard, do not hesitate.

>> Get it HERE.

Thanks to Alekmaul

Ootake 0.83 released

Robert
    By Robert,

TG16/PCE emulator

2006/12/01 0.83 released

- In "Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire", it mounted so that "ADPCM voice" is played before "2-Stage is started". As a result, other Game with the problem that ADPCM is not played might have been corrected.

- The CD access processing has been improved so that it emulated as the same as possible as for any personal computer environment. As a result, at the access speed of a variety of CD drives, it was solved that the sound shifted. (Visual scene of "Ys IV" and "Popful Mail", etc.)

- "Popful Mail" came to operate(v0.82). Moreover, it was made not to freeze even if CD drive not fast was used.

* "Popful Mail" needs "CPU power" more than other games. When used with a personal computer not fast, it doesn't operate well.

- The operation speed of CPU (consumption cycle) was approached to a real machine. (Certain experiment information from PC2E author's Mr.Ki)

- In specific foreign language input environment (IME), the trouble to which the Joypad was not able to be set was corrected.

- In "Rainbow Island", when the display of "Hurry!!" appears, the problem that the screen had become one light blue color (generated by v0.81) was corrected.

- In "Fighting Street", at the match conclusion (chiefly at "Time Over"), the problem that ADPCM voice was not occasionally played was solved.

- In opening demo of "Dragon Slayer: Eiyuu Densetsu II", the problem with not correct vertical position where a part of screen was displayed was corrected.

- In the software for mouse, when mouse's wheel was moved up and down quickly, the problem that had become reset operation of PC Engine (SELECT+RUN) occasionally was corrected.

Source / Download

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS