-----------------------------

raiga0104u4yel [Mamesick]

Source Changes

-------------------

SCSI CD emulation improvements: [Ville Linde]

- Added Play Audio (12) command

- Fixed track number and added MSF support to Read Sub-Channel command

Added workaround for broken MediaGX driver. [Ville Linde]

Reworked the SNES raster timing to use MDRV_SCREEN_RAW_PARAMS() and friends. All but one of the "electronics tests" in the SNES diagnostics cart now pass with flying colors. [R. Belmont]

Fixed Super Breakout layout. [Mr. Do]

CPS2 updates: [David Haywood]

- Added table for Jyangoku (from Guru). Note that GFX/Sound roms aren't dumped on this one.

- Removed old 'handcrafted' xors for games which we have CHDs for and replaced them with xors generated from MAME using the CHD. This means anyone with the CHD can easily generate the xors (using the code I've left in there) if they need to be able to run the games with a shorter startup time.

- Disabled the loading of the xors by default for all sets with a CHD. Now only the CHD is loaded, unless the #define is changed at the top in which case only the xors generated from the CHD are loaded.

Added support for more than 4 mouse buttons on versions of Windows that support it. Win98/Me with DX7+ or XP. It defaults to regular 4 buttons if not supported. [Derrick Renaud]

Fixed the crosshairs in the PlayChoice-10 gun games that got buggered in the conversion to multi-monitor support. [Derrick Renaud]

Rewrote the Dragon's Lair driver from the schematics. Added new module machine/laserdsc.c which has laserdisc emulation for the PR-7280 and LD-V1000 laserdisc players. Full emulation of the laserdisc is pending support for CHD audio/video and high quality rips, but you can operate the game and see the frame numbers that would be displayed. Added built-in layout to display the scores, lives, and credit information. [Aaron Giles]

Added some hacks to windows.mak to allow limping compilation under Windows Vista. To make these work set an environment variable called VISTA_MINGW_ROOT equal to the base of your mingw directory, and add %VISTA_MINGW_ROOT%\libexec\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2 to your PATH environment. There are still a few issues, but this will let you build with MSVC, and will compile most of the code with gcc (minus a couple of Windows OSD files). Hopefully the mingw folks will resolve these issues. [Aaron Giles]

Daedalus Shifty beta 1 Released

Mooney
    By Mooney,
    ok, first off, I am sorry to all of you who had your hopes up for a full-speed emulator.

I have obtained and played Daedalus Shifty, and while games played on it are faster than the latest release of any Daedalus, it is still not full speed.

Super Smash Bros. Hasn't worked for me yet, but it might for you (bad dump?).

Here is where the technical stuff starts.

I have obtained a list of instructions from Shifty, and here is what he says:

only roms in .z64 format will run at high speed.

all other rom files have some what slower speeds, but load textures better.

some .z64 files have textures that don't load, like the water in Mario 64

Installation is basic. Extract the folder contained to the GAME folder with winrar and put roms in the rom folder.

Once again, I apologise for all false claims I have made, and lets hope for more features with the next release!

Download via comments from HERE

Source

Xfire 1.66 released

Robert
    By Robert,
    * Xfire is free, small, and easy to install

* Keep track of when and where your friends are playing PC games, and join them with one click

* IM your friends from within games while you play

* Fast file download system with special game channels

* Powerful server browser

* Profile-based stats tracking.

* Voice chat

Release notes for 1.66 - November 30th, 2006

* Added some basic protection against receiving too many messages (IM spam).

* Added Xfire In-Game support to all of the 18 Wheels of Steel games we support and Sim City 4.

* Fixed a priority issue causing voice chat to be corrupted in CPU-intensive games.

* Fixed a problem causing wasted CPU time after logging off/on without exiting Xfire.

* Fixed a problem on Windows 98 that caused skin drawing corruption.

* Improved the display of game statistics for Quake 3 and Jedi Academy on profile pages.

* Changed instant messages to go directly between the two Xfire applications (instead of through the servers) when possible.

* Fixed the voice chat button on certain older skins (including Combat, Dodge Caliber, Grandma's Boy, and Stream Engine).

* Fixed problem with blocked users not always being blocked from all communication with you.

* Worked around bad applications that install old versions of PSAPI.DLL in incorrect directories; the bad applications would cause Xfire to crash if you have IE 7 installed.

* Improved application behavior when there is no available disk space.

* Added support for EA Downloader versions of many games.

* New games supported: Neverwinter Nights 2, Need for Speed Carbon, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Need for Speed Carbon Demo, Pro Evolution Soccer 6, Football Manager 2007, Championship Manager 2007, Splinter Cell Double Agent Single Player, Splinter Cell Double Agent Multiplayer, SkillGround.com, 1701 A.D, Medieval II Total War, Panzer Command, Warhammer Mark of Chaos, Heroes of Might and Magic V - Hammers of Fate, Falcon 4.0 Allied Force, The Settlers II - 10th Anniversary, and Reservoir Dogs.

Source / Download

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS