Osmose 0.8.0 released

Robert
    By Robert,

SMS/GG emulator

I have done a lot of work on Osmose 0-8-0. Major changes are new IRQ system, Game option database, and joystick support.But most of the work is not visible. I spent a lot of time to increase Osmose compatibility. Gamegear compatibility is around 98%, and SMS is about 95% i think it's not too bad. The remaining not compatibles roms are games using light phaser (unemulated), game that use SMS2 224 or 240 scanline video mode, and games using exotic mapper (e.g 93c46), or additionnal on board ram, and finally some bioses. Now, only very few rom don't boot at all. Please, note that given the huge number of SMS and Gamegear roms, i can't deeply test every game. If you have problem using Osmose with roms, please, just tell me.

What's new in Osmose 0-8-0:

-Implement support for zoomed (16x16, 16x32) sprites.

Corrected games:

Nba_jam.gg

doraemon_waku_waku_pocket_paradise-gg-jp.gg

VR-trooper

X-Men - Mojo World

Virtua Fighter mini

Earthworm jim (SMS and GG) uses 16*32 sprite :/

And a few other one.

-Add option -irqhack: cpu->step() just before generating IRQ. This solve a few game lockup. Thanks to Charles Macdonalds for the solution.

New games working:

Chicago Syndicate

Zool (SMS/GG)

Monster Truck War

Sega Chess

-Add support for Korean Memory mapper. Mappers are now method-pointer driven instead of selected in wr8() with if/else condition.

-Add row 24-31 scrolling lock.

-Add embedded database with CRC32 of games that need specific options. User don't need to look for good option anymore.

-Modify the Debugger. It's now based on event (On @write, EI, DI, VDP IRQ asserted ect...).

-Correct page 0 banking. ROM at 0x000 - 0x400 is no more swapped if page 0 is changed. Spacegun now works.

-Rewrite IRQ system. IRQ generation is more accurate now.

New game working:

Castelo Ra Tin Bum (Brazil) [b1].sms

Castelo Ra Tin Bum (Brazil) [!].sms

Joe Montana's Football GG

GP Rider

Spider-Man - Return of the Sinister Six (JUE).gg

Spider-Man - Return of the Sinister Six (JUE).sms

Last Action Hero (UE)[!].gg

Star Wars (collision detection).

-Add josytick support. (-joy option)

-Simplification of input handling in OsmoseCore.cpp. It's faster.

-make port 0x2 return what was written.

New game working:

Primal Rage GG

Stargate GG

Pac Attack GG

Mortal Combat II GG

Griffin GG

-Modify code to avoid all GCC 4.1.1 warnings.

-Major speedup on Bilinear video filter.

-Remove -time_limite option.

>> Get it HERE.

Mame 0.110u3 related

Robert
    By Robert,

MAME32qa

MAMEinfo.dat

info.dat

Catlist

DDEmeMame 0.37b16.59(2006.11.26) and Mame32 Plus! Plus! 0.110u3(2006.11.26)

story.dat and mamescore.ini

MAME32FX 0.110u3 released.

Updated to MAME 0.110u3 - MAME32 0.110u3

- Enabled XOR support by default for CPS2 games.

- Fixed MAME Testers bug Raiga0104u4Yel.

Get it HERE

Mame 0.110u3, Intermediate Update

Robert
    By Robert,

http://mamedev.org/

0.110u3

---------

MAMETesters Bugs Fixed

-----------------------------

sandscrp0110u1yel [Mamesick]

Source Changes

--------------------

Added raw decryption table to choko. Enabled the use of the large CHD-based tables by default. [David Haywood]

Changed kram3 decryption to use external tables instead of hard-coded ones in the source. [Atari Ace]

Konami driver updates: [Ville Linde]

* drivers/gticlub.c:

- Moved video hardware to vidhrdw/gticlub.c

- Hooked up sound emulation

- Added dual-screen support for Hang Pilot

* drivers/hornet.c:

- Added support for multiple K037122 chips

- Added dual-screen support for Silent Scope & Silent Scope 2

* drivers/nwk-tr.c:

- Added support for multiple K001604 chips

- Hooked up sound emulation

* vidhrdw/gticlub.c:

- Added texture-mapping and z-buffer to K001005 emulation

* general:

- Consolidated K056800 emulation (machine/konamiic.c)

- Improved Hang Pilot/NWK-TR gfx board emulation

STV fixes: [Mariusz Wojcieszek]

- vdp2: fixed vertical scrolling for RGB bitmaps (fixes corrupted gfx in batmanfr)

- vdp2: fixed vertical line scrolling for zoomed layers (fixes corrupted backgrounds in astrass)

- stv: added speedup for master sh2 in batmanfr

Fixed bug in overflow handling and SUBC emulation in the TMS32010 core. [Rainer Keuchel]

Reverted Mario Bros. graphics offset since it caused issues elsewhere. [Derrick Renaud]

Enhanced chd.c to support hunk sizes up to 16MB, versus the previous 64k limit. [Aaron Giles]

Added hooks to chd.c to specify codec-specific configuration info. [Aaron Giles]

Removed obsolete timing parameter from stream_update(). [Aaron Giles]

Cleaned up cdrom.c. Removed audio implementation and relocated code into sound/cdda.c. Changed metadata format to be textual instead of binary (old metadata format is still supported). Removed external access to CHD positions; all accesses are now done at the physical LBA level and converted internally. [Aaron Giles]

Added support for split CHD files. CHD files can be transparently split into multiple pieces and left that way during read access. Modifications to split files are always written to the last file. A new command chdman -split is now available to split an existing CHD file. [Aaron Giles]

Added new option -fontpath to control where the font files are loaded from. [Aaron Giles]

Added ability for options_add_entries() to override defaults specified in the core. To do this, simply include an option in the list with the same name as the core option and provide a new default. This default will override the one specified in the core. [Aaron Giles]

New clones added

---------------------

World Rally (set 3 - 930217) [Kevin Eshbach]

Bionic Commando (Euro) [stefan Lindberg]

PS1P Alpha 1 Released

Mooney
    By Mooney,
    It’s finally here! The long awaited (and rumored fake) PS1 homebrew emulator has finally been released. It may not be as fast as the official PS1 emulator, but at least you don’t have to spend $2,000 on eBay (that’s right, you must have a PS3 to use the official PS1 emulator) and update to a homebrew-less firmware to use it.

From the read me:

"The wait is worth it. I’m releasing a version that will run anything. ISO, BIN, Z and ZNX. The rest you know. scph1001.bin and images in the __SCE__ps1p directory.

This version has some compatibility problems which I plan to fix soon, for example the FF7 intro movie doesn’t run. You can play the game though, just get past the intro using a standard PC emulator (PCSX, ePSXe, …) and copy over the memory card file (mcd001.mcr or mcd002.mcr).

Use L+R+ up/down to tweak the CPU timing.

I think L2 and R2 aren’t working at the moment too.

Attached the zip file.

–A.C."

Download: PS1P Alpha 1

Also, I am not sure if I provide a link to the PS1 BIOS file that is needed, so I will not unless a mod says I can.

Anyway, I am definitely going to give this a try. Even if it ends up sucking, it sure as hell beats upgrading to 3.00! :(

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS