nullDC news update

Gryph
    By Gryph,

Bobbi of NGEmu posted a nice update on the Dreamcast emulator, nullDC.

But let's start with some real facts directly from the authors this time: The authors are ZeZu, known from the never released Icarus project, and drk||Raziel. The emu, unlike mentioned in some other news posts, will not be open source. It uses plugins for emulating video / sound / input and gdrom functionality, so other authors will be able to contribute to the project easily.

During the development, the authors decided to set compatibility above speed. This resulted in a nice compatibility, but requires better hardware to emulate the games at full speed (an Athlon64 3000+ with a GeForce 6600 produces great results).

I like that they are focusing on compatibility. The Dreamcast emulation scene has seemed a bit quiet for a while so I hope things will change now. I can't wait to see what they have been working on.

>> Click here for full news post with pictures.

MAME Plus! 0.108u1 / HazeMD Plus! 0.04a released

Robert
    By Robert,
    MAME Plus! 0.108u1 / HazeMD Plus! 0.04a 2006-08-25

* added new compiling TARGET=hazemd

* removed neogeo CD to MVS conversion games

* removed pong / gensync cpu support

* updated unofficial catlist [s_bastian]

* GUI: use TreeView in property pages [original code from EKMAME, misc changes by regret]

* fixed ninjaw0104u2gre bug [robiza]

>> Get them HERE.

Daedalus PSP R8 released

Robert
    By Robert,

N64 emulator for PSP

Friday, August 25, 2006

Something for the weekend - R8

I got back from my trip yesterday and I've spent a few hours today putting together the final changes for Daedalus PSP R8.

Here's the changelist:

[^] Replaced all uses of sceCtrlReadBufferPositive with sceCtrlPeekBufferPositive.

[^] Various known value optimisations for the dynamic recompilation engine.

[^] Various texture cache optimisations and rendering optimisations.

[+] Implemented a new clipping method which is more efficient and gives better results.

[-] Removed 'tesselate large triangles' setting.

[+] Added option to reset emulator to the main menu.

[^] No longer use index buffers for rendering.

[^] Implement matrix multiplication using VFPU.

[^] Implement vertex transform and lighting code using VFPU.

[^] Implement clipping code using VFPU.

[^] Minor AddTri optimisations.

[^] Free background and font textures while emulator is running to free VRAM.

[!] Fixed bug in default controller config (c-down and dpad-down were broken)

It should be pretty obvious that most of the changes in R8 are optimisations. This build is significantly faster than R7, which is a significant achievement considering how much R7 had achieved in this area.

With the previous release, I also mentioned a list of things I had planned for R8. I decided to put them on hold while I pursued the various optimisations in R8, so I'll be looking at working on them for the next release.

Have fun - I'm going to wade through the past couple of weeks worth of emails that have built up while I've been putting this build together :devilboy:

>> Get it HERE

Wine 0.9.20

Robert
    By Robert,
    This is release 0.9.20 of Wine, a free implementation of Windows on Unix.

What's new in this release:

- XEmbed system tray support.

- Many improvements to NTLM support.

- Many messages made localizable instead of hardcoded to English.

- Improved support for various OpenGL platforms.

- More improvements to the IDL compiler.

- Lots of bug fixes.

>> Get it HERE.

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS