FBA-XXX Pro v1.17 released

Robert
    By Robert,

Another fine release from + T +

FBA-XXX Pro v1.17

=============

- Fixed black screen in kof2003/kof2003d

- Fixed samsho5.

- Fixed diagnostics mode and dipswitch settings in kof2k2nd. (P1 was incorrect)

*Note: You may need to delete your savegame and/or the kof2k2 files in the /cfg folder if you find your kof2k2nd dipswitch settings are still messed up. Alternatively you can enter diagnostics mode and set them yourself.

>> Discuss it in the official thread HERE.

Gens 2.14 released

Robert
    By Robert,
    Gens 2.14 (souvenir) - 21 May, 2006 Posted by Stef

No, you're not dreaming, a new version of Gens is out.

But to be honest don't expect many changes from the last (and old) version. See it as a bugfix version.

Gens 2.12b accidently added "fake" support of sega CD save state. I just forgot to desactivate support (which was very partially implemented) before releasing the version.

With Gens 2.14 (you can get it in the download section), we now have much better support of Sega CD save state (thanks to Upthorn, he did the job here), but it's still not really safe to use it as i doesn't work every time.

SGG ENV support was desactived from the YM2612 since it brings severals bugs in the core unfortunatly.

Some others minors stuff were modified, consult the history file to know more about them.

This version is provided by DarkDancer (Thanks :))

To be honest i don't work myself anymore on the old sources of Gens.

I started a complete rewrite of Gens sometime ago, i don't have many free time but i won't give up on that piece :) Just be patient :)

>> Get it HERE.

Mednafen 0.6.1 released

Robert
    By Robert,

More older news to catch up with..

0.6.1:

* PCE:  The HuC6280 disassembler now gives @ZP hints for BBR and BBS instructions.

* NES:  Increased the effectiveness of frame-skipping.

* Removed unnecessary sound buffer copying if the source format == device format in SexyAL, which is true most of the time.

* Fixed a bug that was causing a crash in the cheat interface when trying to list cheats, under Win32.

* Fixed a bug in the settings loading code that forced the user to resort to manual creation of ~/.mednafen/mednafen.cfg on some operating systems(*BSD, OS/X). It was being caused by 'errno' being modified between the attempt to open the settings file, and the test 'if(errno == ENOENT)'.

* Silent sound will now be outputted when in step mode in the debugger.  Windows users' ears rejoice!

* Added a strtod() replacement that recognizes both "." and "," as valid radix characters, regardless of the current locale, and modified settings.cpp to use it.

* Lynx:  Removed some unused code.

>> Get it HERE.

No$gba 2.2e released

Robert
    By Robert,

Catching up with some older news

GBA and DS emulator.

18th May 2006 - version 2.2e

- no$fmw: detects post-header gap-size (typ. 0h,3E00h,4600h) (old: fixed 3E00h)

- dos: fixed v2.2d bug: init_gba_color_xlat_table (old: init_color_xlat_table)

- help: added note on possiblity to move nds7 ROM to (non-)secure area at 200h

- help: added note about blank secure areas (nintendo devkit, 800h zero-bytes)

- help: added cart.NEF/SRL/NLF-combo description in symbolic debug info chapter

- elf/cartloader: crash-fix (occured if newly loaded labels at code-window-addr)

- cartloader/cmdline: supports spaces in "quoted" path\filenames (thanks peter)

- screenshots: fixed palette size (set to zero for true color) (thanks jasper)

- help: changed DMA 4 to DMA 3 (probably makes more sense, thanks jasper vijn)

- nds/debug: accepts labels below 2000000h (ie. ITCM labels, at 1000000h and up)

- nds/help/no$fmw: added chinese as extra language (newer/chinese consoles only)

- vram viewer: OAM redbox works at negative y-coordinate (thanks peter schraut)

- bugfix: joypad_adjust uses "@@seg" instead "vals" for [local_if_adr] access

- nds/tcm: 80x86 intrwait [dtcm+3ff8h] works if DTCM is off, or covered by ITCM

- nds/freeware: stores [memaccess_addr] (required for tcm/interrupt emulation)

- elf: ignores "@1234" and "@456" style dummy labels (used in ldr rd,=txt_ptr)

- nds/cartloader: shows warning on 2K-encrypted-carts (if missing biosnds7.rom)

- nds/cartloader: shows warning on faulty secure area (rom-offset below 4000h)

- cartloader/cmdline: accepts all "unpacked_extensions" (new ones: nds srl elf)

- elf: reload/recent files: reinitializes dsk_path (used to load source-lines)

- nds/controls: joyp/penirq works for BOTH arm7+nds9 (@@skipinp, old: @@skipadj)

- elf: shows continous source lines from ONE section (hides.nef DUPE sections)

- elf: ignores strange "$a" and "$d" dummy labels (found in some elf/nef files)

- nds/cartloader: supports cart.NEF debug info (for cart.SRL binaries) (if any)

- nds/cartloader: supports (not existing) nds-elf's with zero-based phys.addr

- internal/cartloader: replaced @@target_rom flag by pre_size detection values

- internal/cartloader: removed ancient @@elf_method load-by-section-headers

- nds/cartloader: accepts ext .SRL (nintendo's alias for raw .NDS rom-images)

>> Get it HERE.

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS