Tomb Raider Legend Screenies!

Wizard
    By Wizard,

trl1emubanner0vm.jpg

Worthplaying has got a handful of new screenshots of the sexy Lara Croft in her newest adventure. The screenshots show Ms. Croft in a elegant evening wear stirring up the party. Counting 43 new screens in total in various flavors!

Features :

* Lara comes to life-the dual-pistol-wielding adventurer's polygon count and animation set has been increased significantly, presenting Lara in the finest fidelity to date

* Return to the Tombs: Lara's new quest brings her to lost ancient realms that guard Secrets of the Past

* Fluid movement: the revamped control system provides intuitive and fluid character movement

* Dynamic animation system puts focus on continuous motion, giving Lara the ability to seamlessly handle any obstacle and interact dynamically with any surface

* Move and shoot. Lara uses her physical prowess to combine gunplay with unique signature moves

* Variety of player choice-intelligently use the environment, technical gear and weapons to overcome challenging situations.

* Physics, Water and Fire systems bring the perilous environments of Lara's world alive, and challenge the player to improvise solutions to obstacles

* Visit a vast array of cinematic and exotic locations including ancient tombs, dangerous jungles, snowy mountain ruins and numerous unexpected surprises in between!

FakeNES 0.5.2 released

Robert
    By Robert,
    FakeNES 0.5.2 released.

Posted Thursday, March 9th, 2006 @ 5:59 PM CST by randilyn

Changes:

* AUDIO: Temporarily disabled OpenAL by default - There is nothing wrong with the code but OpenAL implementations don't like buffers as small as FakeNES uses, and thus produce silence. That will be fixed when the audio system is overhauled.

* CORE: Fixed a runtime assertion error by adding a check for the existence of CHR-ROM before attempting to build a CRC32 of it.

* GUI: Fixed a bug that caused some GUI fonts to get screwed up after a moveable dialog was drawn.

* NET: Temporarily disabled all references to NetPlay, since it was never implemented in the first place

>> Get it HERE

Credits: Emulation9

EmuZWin v2.7 release 2.8

Robert
    By Robert,

A Sinclair Spectrum emulator. No changelog.

>> Get it HERE

Monkey64 v1.0 released

Robert
    By Robert,

Monkey 64 is a N64 emulator for the PSP.

Monkey 64 v1.0 - First Release

Posted on Fri 10 Mar 2006, 7:49 PM

Well sorry I am late but here is the much promised first release of monkey64. I was hoping for better at the last min but it still passed my expectations for a first build.

Few things to note.

.) While Rsp & Rdp emulation is started it is far from complete. As well there are still numerious issues in the main cpu core. I plan to fix things as soon as I can get to them.

.) This wont run mario64 or 99% of the n64 library. Some roms are starting to do things with Mortal Kombat Trilogy actually being playable (to some extent).

.) I know there are odd looking color squares when running some commercial roms (like mortal kombat). The reason is because I have not completed texture support in rdp. I am hoping to get a revision out asap once this is fixed.

.) The emulator is slow. Some PD roms do a pretty nice framerate but games like mortal kombat do about 5fps. This is due to the emulator still being on a pure interpreter core. In good time I will build a dynamic recompiler so we can get some more playable framerates.

.) The app is in user mode. So it is quite possible this works on 2.0+ psp units. I just sadly dont have the time to check.

Well that is it. Do enjoy. The zip contains a few favorite PD roms. Pong by Oman is a must play imo. Also if you're all currious what mortal kombat trillogy looks like in game. Please see attached screenshot on forums.

PS. Mortal Kombat Trillogy [!] dump wont work. [b1] dump runs just fine. When you see the second screen, press start as it's just warning you that there is only 1 controller plugged in.

-- EDIT --

Hey guys. Sorry I forgot to mention. The screen flickering is because its not doing double buffering on the psp. It's just directly rendering to the display screen. I was trying to fix this at lunch but ran into problems so I gave up since I wanted to push the build out asap. I'll have it fixed for the v1.1 build.

>> Get the binary at the official thread HERE

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS