MameMark v1.0.2 released

Robert
    By Robert,
    1.0.2 Release info:

- Now works again with mame.104u3 and upwards.

Because of a new breed of CPUs coming to the desktop market (64Bit, Dual core etc...) I thought it would be great to make a little application to benchmark Mame so comparing results would be easier.

MameMark doesn't invent the wheel again and uses the method created by John IV.

All credits go to him for finding the best way to benchmark Mame.

To get fair and comparable results MameMark does not have tons of settings to play with. Instead things are kept simple. Be aware that all testing is done in a resolution of 1280x1024x32 @ 60Hz !

The games chosen make use of the major drivers and presumably get identical frames each and every time they run. (no random demo etc...)

The overall idea is to build a database of different configurations so everybody can get a idea which PC is the best or good enough to run a certain rom.

Please send your mark.dat file - created by MameMark - to me -> easymame AT belgacom DOT net

I will then add yours to the official reference.dat file. Make sure you filled-in your PC information (CPU, Amount of system memory, videocard and mame version used)

>> Get it HERE

PCSX2 - Misc news

CKemu
    By CKemu,

Various miscellaneous pieces of new posted by myself on PCSX2.net, here is a direct quote:

PCSX2 Beta v0.9 is going to be on display at FAST-NU Lahore, Pakistan by Saqib Akhtar (One of the main developers) on the 24th and 25th of March, 2006.

PSEmu.pl run by the respected and fine admin winter_mute, will be providing the  official Polish language forums for the PCSX2 project!

Some of you may of been expecting a release the end of last month, this was the original intention of the team, but recent changes caused compat issues and needed further indepth testing. The aim is to get a release out soon, but how soon depends on various major changes!

Some of these changes if fixed and tested to be 'stable' will provide a good deal of....well dare I say it... speed!

As a bonus check out some shots from Final Fantasy X (the ever popular game!) over here, showing the game running at 20-51 FPS!!!

» Visit the official site here

GameEx 5.78 released

Robert
    By Robert,
    6th March  2006 - GameEx 5.78

Enhancements:

* Support for .OGM video files.

* Support for .KAR Karaoke files.

* New option in attract mode/screensaver to only launch your stored favourites.

* Registered users get the new DVD's (AKA DVD's on Disk module), which allows playing and access of any DVD's on your hard disk or Network, with automatic DVD artwork download and the ability to use FFDSHOW. (A little similar I suppose to My Movies in MCE) (DVD Codec required)

Fixes:

* Karaoke Playlist and Playlist Shuffle

* Configuration now showing all help text again.

* DirectDraw bounds checking for audio level display.

* Enhanced Karaoke module, based on the fact Karaoke files generally have no tag information.

* Album artwork, and video snaps showing at wrong aspect.

>> Get it HERE.

MAME GP2X 1.8 released

Robert
    By Robert,
    05-03-2006:

MAME GP2X 1.8:

- Auto-fire support.

- Volume control really fixed. Also press VolUp+VolDown simultaneously to go back to default volume level.

- New YM3812 sound core with better quality (MAME 0.35b6): Snow Bros, Hellfire, Gemini Wing, Bubble Bobble, etc.

- Improvements in DrZ80 core: Now is compatible with Neo·Geo games. Thanks to Flubba.

- Graphic improvements: Tokio.

- Sound improvements: P.O.W, The Main Event, TMNT.

- Performance improvements: Bubble Bobble, Contra, Ninja Kid 2, Psychic 5, Tehkan World Cup, The New Zealand Story, Tokio, Tumble Pop, Xybots.

- New clrmame.dat created by [MaD] updated up to MAME GP2X 1.8.

- Added 32 new romsets from MAME 0.35b2-b13 (total supported games now is 1115!):

MAME 0.35b2: The Main Event (version F) (mainevt2)

MAME 0.35b8: TNK3 (tnk3), ASO (Armored Scrum Object) (aso), Athena (athena), Fighting Golf (fitegolf), Guerrilla War (gwar), Bermuda Triangle (bermudat), Psycho Soldier (set 1) (psychos), Psycho Soldier (set 2) (psychosa), Chopper I (chopper), The Legend of Air Cavalry (legofair), TouchDown Fever (tdfever), TouchDown Fever (Japanese) (tdfeverj)

MAME 0.35b10: Legend of Makaj (lomakaj), P-47 (World) (p47), P-47 (Japan) (p47j), 64th Street (64street), Earth Defense Force (edf), RodLand (Japan) (rodlandj), Avenging Spirit (avspirit)

MAME 0.35b11: Cabal (US set 1) (cabal), Cabal (US set 2) (cabal2), Cabal (bootleg) (cabalbl), Goindol (goindol), Homo (homo)

MAME 0.35b12: Prehistoric Isle in 1930 (World) (prehisle), Prehistoric Isle in 1930 (US) (prehislu), Genshi-Tou 1930's (gensitou)

MAME 0.35b13: Sichuan II (hack?) (sichuan2), Shisensho - Joshiryo-Hen (Japan) (shisen), Truxton / Tatsujin (truxton), Out Zone (outzone)

- Modified romsets:

MAME 0.35b2: The Main Event (version Y) (mainevt)

MAME 0.35b8: Ikari Warriors (US) (ikari), Ikari Warriors (Japan) (ikarijp), Ikari Warriors (Japan bootleg) (ikarijpb), Victory Road (victroad), Dogou Souken (dogosoke)

>> Get it HERE.

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS