Haze working on NeoGeoCD

Robert
    By Robert,

Source

NeoGeo CD

Not strictly MAME work but I thought I’d take a crack at emulating the NeoCD system (probably for MESS) using the MAME NeoGeo driver and some information from ElSemi as the basis of the work.

So far I’ve hooked up some basic code to allow it to write the C data on the fly and boot the BIOS.

Jazz Jackrabbit ported to the Dreamcast

Robert
    By Robert,

Remember that old dos game, Jazz JackRabbit? GPF has ported it to the Sega Dreamcast. Here's what he had to say:

Information

This is a port of OpenJazz for the Sega Dreamcast.

OpenJazz is a free, open-source version of the classic Jazz Jackrabbit™ games. OpenJazz can be compiled on a wide range of operating systems, including Windows 98/Me/XP and Linux. To play, you will need the files from one of the original games.

With the demise of DOS-based operating systems, it has become necessary to use emulators to play old DOS games. Jazz Jackrabbit™ deserves more - and would benefit greatly from new features.

OpenJazz was started on the 23rd of August, 2005, by Alister Thomson - http://treacle.hewwo.com/jazz/oj/index.html. Academic pressures put the project on hold for several months, but OpenJazz is now back in development for the foreseeable future.

Burn the scrambled bin with the pc dos datafiles on the root of the cd.

Support is for Jazz Jackrabbit: Shareware Edition

Jazz Jackrabbit: Christmas Edition

Jazz Jackrabbit: Holiday Hare '95

>> Binary and Source available HERE

DS2Key 0.2 released

Gryph
    By Gryph,

This is a bit late but sypherce has updated DS2Key, a gamepad emulator for the PC, to version 0.2. Here are the changes.

(01.24.06) 0.2

DS Side:

Light switch should function correctly now.

PC Side:

Developed a GUI, reads from DS2Key.ini. Currently Buggy.

He also had this to say:

I just updated DS2Key. It's a little buggy so I hope you all tell me what isn't quite right. I'm headed to bed now, night. (ITS 5AM!?!?)

So if you've found any bugs, it would be of great help to report them here. (Registration required to post)

»» Original Thread/Download (DS2Key)

olafnes WIP News

olaf
    By olaf,

Recently, I've been working on olafnes, my Nintendo Entertainment System emulator for Microsoft Windows. There have been a lot of changes since the last version, at least "under the hood", so I've decided to open up a blog for the project. You can visit the official olafnes blog here. Today marks the first post on the blog. You can see screenshots and learn more about the latest version. Below are some of the things "tackled" recently.

- Konami's VRC2a/b

- Konami's VRC4e (iNES mapper #23)

- Konami's VRC6a/b

- Konami's VRC7b

- Nintendo's MMC3

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS