PotatoMulti WIP News

olaf
    By olaf,

Emu#dreams reports that PotatoMulti, the Java-based multiple console and arcade emulator, has had work done on it. Below is the news posted on the official homepage today about the work-in-progress.

2005-01-09: Three new games including Commando!

Due to popular demand, I added a new arcade game driver for the PotatoMulti emulator for the infamous Commando.

I also added a driver for Tropical Angel and Mr. Jong (Japan).

As usual, you can see the new screenshots on the Status page.

You can visit the official homepage of PotatoMulti here.

More Haze's MAME WIP News

olaf
    By olaf,

Emu#dreams reports that Haze has been working on MAME, the Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator, some more. Below is what he posted on his official MAME WIP page.

BackFire!

Again based on Bryan’s work I’ve split BackFire! from the generic 156 driver and put it in it’s own file. The game is fairly different to the other Deco156 based games in that it supports 2 monitors. Both Monitors are now displayed, although colour problems remain. The game remains unplayable as it needs further work on the maths co-processor.

You can visit Haze's official MAME WIP page here, or see this individual post with screenshots here.

88VA Eternal Grafx r060102 Released

olaf
    By olaf,

AEP Emulation Page reports that 88VA Eternal Grafx, the NEC PC-88VA emulator for Microsoft Windows, has been updated to version r060102. Below are the changes in this version.

Mouse

O mounting. The mouse is used, [ Device - with Mouse ] マウスエミュレー Shaun is made effective, [ Device - Mouse Port - the mouse is connected to the mouse port with Moude ].

O [ Other - Mouse Rapid ] adjustment of running fire speed when selecting.

Correcting the fact that calculation system of current time is not correct when calculating the o mouse portable quantity.

Joy pad

O [ Other - Joy Rapid ] adjustment of running fire speed when selecting.

CPU

Correcting the fact that segmented pre- fix was ignored with oADD4S/SUB4S.

O -> Operation of the for sentence which uses single precision real number type variable with BASIC was corrected.

Memory

Correcting the fact that write protection of the o memory switch is applied to the whole backup memory.

O -> The external character register (the type which directly is written to memory) possibly.

CGROM

External character register from o CGROM access port mounting & SGP: S OR of o PATBLT mounting o LOGICAL-OP D mounting

o -> operation when in the title indication o "of Boomering" BITBLT the size of source and destination is different correction & graphics: O port 100h bit 13 (XVSP video output prohibition) mounted o port 100h bit 15 (GDEN0 graphic picture indication permission) mounting

tool window

Way it becomes the indication where the lever closes when the o floppy is inserted, modification (only the default skin)

You can visit the official homepage here, or simply download it here.

Haze's MAME WIP News

olaf
    By olaf,

Emu#dreams reports that advances in support for World Cup Volleyball ‘95 in MAME, the Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator, have been made by Haze. Below is what Haze posted on his official MAME WIP homepage.

I decided to take a look at some more of the things Bryan submitted. I’m currently looking to hook up both screens in BackFire (it’s meant to be a 2 screen game) and seeing if I can make any progress with the Co-Processor.

Dox found what appears to be a bug in the ARM core, a workaround allows World Cup Volleyball to boot, and a few fixes to the Co-Processor gets proper working credits and timers. The game is quite playable, although seems too easy, maybe due to other copro bugs.

DON’T expect this to be in the next u update, the workaround hasn’t been fully tested, nor have the copro changes but this should give you some idea of what it looks like.

You can visit Haze's official MAME WIP homepage here, or view the single post by itself here. Screenshots and more are available at these links.

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS