SquidgeSNES v0.0.2 Released

olaf
    By olaf,

retroguru.com reports that SquidgeSNES, the brand new Super NES emulator for the GP2x, has been updated to version 0.0.2. Here's what Squidge, the programmer, had to say about it.

ok, I've just uploaded version 0.0.2:

Now uses Rlyeh's SDK instead of my own

Only one file now instead of two

Double buffered instead of single buffered

Colors corrected

Controls implemented (game are now playable, yey  :P )

I've just implemented an onscreen fps counter (will be available from the next version for anyone who cares) andi n SMW I get a fairly consistant 40fps. I reckon I can get this to at least 50 fps, if not 60 fps over the next few days. Stay tuned  :lol:

You can see these posts here at GP32x.com Board, or simply download it here.

CPCE v1.53 Released

olaf
    By olaf,

AEP Emulation Page reports that CPCE, the Amstrad CPC emulator (for DOS, DPMI, and WIN32), has been updated to version 1.53. Below are the changes in this version.

YMP internally decompresses LZH-packed YM files (LHA.EXE is no longer required), and disabled channels don´t make any noise now. A tiny bug in the ZIP archive handler and another one in netplay (discovered by Shane) have been corrected, too.

You can visit the official homepage here, or simply download it here.

Haze's MAME WIP News

olaf
    By olaf,

iq_132 has reported that Haze has done some work on fixing hardware support added to MAME, the Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator, by Luca (posted earlier). Below is what Haze posted on his WIP page (truncated).

Twin Action vs. Mustang

So.. it seems Afega’s games aren’t so original either… Luca recently added support for Twin Action, but it wasn’t working; it reset when you hit the fire button and the player sprite was invisible. That behavior reminded me a lot of a previous game I’d look at, US AAF Mustang, actually the whole game did right down to the parallax scrolling sprites for the ground. Sure enough comparing the Afega and NMK16 drivers revealed that Afega had copied most of the NMK hardware and that Twin Action was nothing but a bootleg of US AAF Mustang. By using the same protection patches as used for Mustang (with some slight adjustmenets to compensate for code being moved about), Twin Action started working.

You can visit Haze's MAME WIP page here to see screenshots and more.

Luca Elia's MAME WIP News

olaf
    By olaf,

Emu#dreams reports that Luca Elia has been working on adding support for more hardware in MAME, the Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator. Below is Luca's post about the work, originally riddled with screenshots (so, there are gaps).

I've added a 1994 arm wrestling game to the cischeat.c driver. It's Jaleco's Arm Champs II, a dedicated machine with a real mechanical arm to battle against:

This kind of games are Jaleco's specialty (see the hilarious Scud Hammer) and not quite the same in MAME.

A prequel also exists, but it's a most wanted rom.

Then there's this game from korean Afega, that I've added as non working to the afega.c driver. Only the attract mode works, while playing you are invisible and off screen (last screenshot):

(Haze correctly points out this must be a bootleg of US AAF Mustang, which is also protected and not working).

Finally, a couple of Dynax mahjong games added to ddenlovr.c for good measure. They are Mahjong The Dai Chuuka Ken..

.. and Mahjong The Mysterious World:

You can see this post for yourself as well as the screen shots that were taken out of the post here.

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS