QEMU v0.8.0 Updated

olaf
    By olaf,

AEP Emulation Page reports that QEMu, the emulator for various CPUs (on Linux, Windows, FreeBSD and Mac OS X), has been updated. Only the Windows version has received an updated to version 0.8.0, and below are the release notes for this update.

A binary and a patch for VLAN socket support is added. (2006/01/08)

How to use network is updated.

You can visit the official homepage of QEMU on Windows here for releases, patches, and more information.

AppleWin v1.12.7.1 Released

olaf
    By olaf,

AEP Emulation Page reports that AppleWin, the open source Apple //e emulator for Microsoft Windows, has been updated to version 1.12.7.1. Below are the changes in this version.

- Fixed cmd-line switches -d1/-d1 to work with filenames with spaces

- Reset: Init Phasor back to Mockingboard mode

- Benchmark button acts immediately

- Fixes to speaker emulation introduced in 1.12.7.0

- Adjusted speaker freq to work better with MJ Mahon's RT.SYNTH.dsk

- Fixed Bxx; ABS,X; ABS,Y; (IND),Y opcodes: take variable cycles depending on branch taken & page crossed

Restrictions

- Ultima V: Select Phasor (slot4) and not Mockingboard

You can visit the official homepage of AppleWin here, or simply download it here.

R. Belmont MAME WIP

Diso
    By Diso,

R. Belmont, A MAMEdev, has recently updated his WIP Page

Speak and spell

Figured out the remaining problems with the emulated sound for NA-1 (and NA-2 once Charles and Guru trojan it’s BIOS). It now plays even better than the current simulation, modulo a few last-minute tweeks.

Visit his Homepage

Credits: Mameworld

RPCemu WIP News

olaf
    By olaf,

Emu#dreams reports that work on RPCemu, the RiscPC (A7000) emulator for Microsoft Windows, has progressed quite well. This emulator is done by the same programmer of Arculator, the freeware Acorn Archimedes emulator for Microsoft Windows. Below are the work-in-progress release notes.

- There were some issues in 26-bit -> 32-bit mode switching, and a couple of other things, XXXX XX X now works.

- IDE hard disc emulation is a bit buggy, but at least some stuff works.

- Also not pictured, I believe I've fixed the 'parameters not recognised' errors on the floppy emulation (interrupts happening inbetween reading of FDC status). I could be wrong though - the problem was so intermittent that it could just be chance that I've not run into it!

You can visit the work-in-progress page here for screenshots and more.

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS