Emulator2001 (12/31) Fix Available

olaf
    By olaf,

Emu#dreams reports that a fix is available for the 12/31 build of Emulator2001, the Emerson Arcadia 2001 emulator (and other various systems) for Microsoft Windows, has been released. Below are the fixes in this version.

- collision detection completed.

- console buttons window minimizes to an icon at top of window

You can visit the official homepage here, or simply download it here.

Bryan McPhail's MAME WIP News

olaf
    By olaf,

Emu#dreams reports Bryan McPhail has worked on MAME, the Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator, some more. Below is a quote from his MAME WIP homepage.

1/1/2006

Some small fixes to the Double Dragon driver to finish off Thunderstrike.

You can visit his MAME WIP homepage here (where screen shots are available).

Ville Linde's MESS WIP News

olaf
    By olaf,

Emu#dreams reports that Ville Linde has been hard at work on developing more hardware support to MESS, the Multiple Emulator Super System. This time Ville Linde is attacking the Nintendo 64. Below is a quote of today's post at Ville Linde's official development log homepage.

I've moved the N64 driver development over to MESS, and I'm currently in the middle of writing an RSP CPU core and emulating the RDP.

Mortal Kombat Trilogy is the first commercial game to show some graphics. It isn't playable yet though.

You can visit Ville Linde's official development log homepage here.

bsnes WIP News

olaf
    By olaf,

Emu#dreams reports that byuu has worked on bsnes, the Super NES emulator for Microsoft Windows, some more. Below is a quote of what he's posted on his homepage.

I apologize for the lack of updates. The truth is, I've been somewhat worn out / sick the past two weeks, so I haven't really done much work on bsnes. I'm still quite sick now, but I'm trying to get back in gear anyway.

That said, I teamed up with Nach to merge our ideas for a new patching format. I don't know what we're going to call the new format just yet, but it is a good deal more optimized than bpf was, while only increasing the format complexity infinitesimally. I wrote a Win32 GUI for the patcher that can both create and apply patches. Also, bsnes can now natively apply the patches (via soft-patching), even when the patch has been zipped. I still need to finalize the changes with Nach, and then I'll post more about that on the main page. And in case I haven't mentioned it here in the past: I have no intentions of adding IPS support to bsnes. If I do, it will absolutely always assume that the IPS patches were created against ROMs with no header, with no exceptions.

I also worked a bit more on the new win32 port. I now have a slightly better about dialog box, and a basic dialog designed for the new debugger. It isn't much different than before, as I decided to go with a window-based debugger over a console-based debugger again. Not as powerful, but more user friendly. Absolutely nothing in the new debugger is functional yet, however. You can view a screenshot of it here.

You can visit the official bsnes homepage here.

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS