System16 Update!

iq_132
    By iq_132,

It's a massive house cleaning update, lots to look over :(

http://www.system16.com/

Neoragex 5.3 released

Robert
    By Robert,

Fresh from EmuDreams, the newest hacked NeoRageX which can run Lansquenet, kof2002 magic plus ii, kof10th extra plus, kof2004 special, and King of Gladiator.

More information and screenshots (in Polish) -> HERE

>> Download it HERE

MAME 0.103 Released

Robert
    By Robert,

-------

MAMETesters Bugs Fixed

----------------------------

astrob0102u5gre [Nicola Salmoria]

Source Changes

------------------

Completely rewrote machine/stvcd.c and.h. There's a lot less there now, but what's there is more understandable and works much better. [R. Belmont]

Some RF5C400 improvements. [hoot development team]

Cleaned up/reorganized some of the messy Neo Geo code. Separated out bootleg-specific hacks into additional files. [David Haywood]

Replaced a few stray exit() calls with osd_die(). [Oliver Stoneberg]

Fixed layer 1 colors in Blandia. [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]

Corrected interrupt timing in wwfstar driver. [David Haywood]

Fixed chdman to support 64-bit file sizes on some *nix platforms. [Lawrence Gold]

More ST-V updates: [Mariusz Wojcieszek]

* added idle loop skipping for rsgun

* added RBG caching

* added RBG "two screens" mode

* added Critter Crusher (not working due to missing inputs)

* fixed several bugs introduced recently with all the other changes

Changed i286 core to use the same INPUT_LINE_A20 that the i386 core uses. [Nathan Woods]

Added partial updates and boosted the interleave in the ddragon driver. [David Haywood]

Added cdrom_get_track_length() to cdrom.c. [R. Belmont]

Added an atexit handler to ensure trace files are closed in the debugger in the event of an early exit. [Nathan Woods]

Merged the Sprint 4/Ultra Tank drivers and made the following fixes: [stefan Jokisch]

* Ultra Tank:

- hardware collision detection (computer is now able to manoeuvre

around barriers)

- sprite fixes (invisble tank option works, tank explosion sequence)

- playfield fixes (text colors are different)

- watchdog and coin lockout added

- sync and color proms added

- motor sound fix (previously this was hooked up to the wrong address)

- misc internal fixes like cpu speed, RAM size etc

* Sprint 4:

- sound support (inherited from Ultra Tank)

- watchdog added

Fixed bug in the Grand Champion fog effect. [Hans Andersson]

Fixed Triple Hunt and several older Atari games to use RAM mirroring for zero page memory. [stefan Jokisch]

Fixed several endian issues with the SE3208 core and the Crystal System driver. [brad Oliver]

Got the DCS-3 sound system working for Road Burners. [Aaron Giles]

Did some cleanup in the ADSP-21xx core to support program memory more correctly and support execution from multiple banks. [Aaron Giles]

New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status

------------------------------------------------------------------

Mad Ball [David Haywood, Brian Troha]

Super Model [David Haywood]

Garogun Seroyang (Korea) [David Haywood, Pierpaolo Prazzoli]

MuHanSeungBu (SemiCom Baseball) [David Haywood, Brian Troha]

Games V18.2 [Pierpaolo Prazzoli, Guru]

New clones added

--------------------

Puzzle Bang Bang [brian Troha, Pierpaolo Prazzoli]

Super World Court (World) [stefan Lindberg]

Out Zone (set 3) [David Haywood]

Mini Vegas 4in1 [Tomasz Slanina]

Crazy Rally (set 2) [David Haywood, Guru]

Gouketsuji Ichizoku (Japan) [Pierpaolo Prazzoli, Guru]

Dynamite Duke (Japan) [Pierpaolo Prazzoli, Guru]

The Double Dynamites (Japan) [Pierpaolo Prazzoli, Bryan McPhail, Guru]

Passing Shot (World, 4 Players, FD1094 317-0074) [Mame Italia]

New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING

--------------------------------------------------

Martial Masters [David Haywood]

Demon Front [David Haywood]

Canvas Croquis [David Haywood]

Go 2000 [David Haywood, Brian Troha]

Gekisou (Japan) [David Haywood]

Critter Crusher [Mariusz Wojcieszek, Guru]

Card Line [Tomasz Slanina]

Shuttle Invader [Tomasz Slanina, Guru]

>> Offical Site HERE

>> Get Binary and Source HERE

>> MacMAME 0.103 -> HERE

>> MAME32qa 0.103 -> HERE

>> MAME32FX 0.103 -> HERE

Pete's OpenGL2 PSX GPU v2.8 Released

olaf
    By olaf,

The Emulation64 Network reports that Pete's OpenGL2 PSX GPU plug-in (as well as Pete's XGL2 Linux PSX GPU) has been updated to version 2.8. Below are the release notes for version 2.8 (taken from The Emulation64 Network).

- trickyfree suggested on my messageboard to have some different types of the display stretching. Ok, done: beside the old "full screen stretching" and "keep psx aspect ratio" modes, I've added two more ways to stretch the psx display to your screen.

- ShadX and guest® are still doing amazing full screen shaders for the OGL2 plugin. Therefore you can find many shaders in the messageboard section of my site (http://www.pbernert.com). To make the shaders somewhat faster, they suggested to get additional pre-calculated values from the plugin. Done. Now the "OGL2InvSize" uniform is available for new GLslang shaders... let' em coming :cry:

- Well, I have got a Geforce 6800 Ultra card over half a year ago, and while trying to make this baby sweat, I've added an "Ultra high" internal Y resolution mode. If you want to activate this, you will need a card with 4096x4096 texture size support (newer NV cards or ATI's 1XXXX ones), and 256 MB vram is also recommended. By the way: the rendering speed will still be very high with this new setting, but psx framebuffer effects can now last a couple of seconds (!!!). Therefore this "ultra" resolution is not really usable with psx games which are doing much FB effects. You are warned :huh:

- In july 2003 I've started this PSX OGL2 plugin. Basic idea: don't map the psx drawing commands on-the-fly to the PC's gfx card's backbuffer (like my Standard OGL and D3D plugins are doing it), but to create a offscreen buffer in the same size as the real PSX GPU vram (or a multiple of it), and draw into that buffer. Well, by this time the only way to do this was to use "P-buffers" in OpenGL, and yeah, I got it to work nicely.

Much later (spring 2005) a nicer way to handle offscreen buffers were added to the OpenGL specifications, called "framebuffer objects". FBOs promise a better speed, and are easier to handle than the clumsy P-buffers, so I finally decided to add them in my plugin as well. You can change the render mode in the plugin config, if you are looking for some more speed, but to be honest: on my system every PSX game runs like mad (without frame limitation), so I cannot tell if FBOs are really faster. You have to try it yourself...

You can visit Pete's Domain here, or simply download the Windows version of the plug-in here (the Linux is here).

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS