PotatoMulti 0.0.4 released

Robert
    By Robert,
    Four new arcade game drivers!

We added four more arcade game drivers for the Potato Arcade module without MAME in it...

PotatoMulti 0.0.4 released !

A new version of PotatoMulti, the portable multi-system Java emulator is available for download !

Major new features :

- Many, many NES emulation improvements and fixes

- NES Mappers 0,1,2,3,4 support

- Upgraded to LWJGL 0.99

- Many fixes to the LWJGL renderer

- Support for Linux now included !

First official release of PotatoArcade!

A first version of PotatoArcade, the portable Java multiple arcade emulator is available for download.

It supports 7 drivers as for now and is based on PotatoMulti 0.0.4.

Enjoy this release!

>> Download PotatoMulti and PotatoArcade HERE

Thanks to Ltronic who alerted us to the impending release via our IRC channel. Note, the changed URL while emu-france is being rebuilt.

Gens32 Surreal v1.47 std released

Robert
    By Robert,
    The Update:

1)Based on OpenGL,added some filters.Such as glscanlines,glNTSC3.58(WIP),glMotion Blur(not like the old LCD effect,but a new,nicer one),glHigh Lihgt.

2)Based on OpenGL,added 16bpp supported.

3)Based on OpenGL,added an option to adjust scalines.

4)Added some Color maps

5)Fixed some bugs.(Power Instinct (J) [!]'s music OK again.)

6)Optimized some stuff,maybe work faster.

>> Download it from HERE

MAME year in review (Haze/Arbee)

Robert
    By Robert,

From Haze:

2005 - A Great Year for MAME?

0.90 was Released on the 4th Jan 2005

0.103 will almost certainly be released within the next week or two.

13 full MAME releases, and countless ‘u’ updates mark a very productive year in terms of MAME development.

The highlights of the year for me were without doubt the emulation of the games using the Data East encrypted CPUS ‘102′ and ‘156′ and the Seibu SPI graphic decryption+emulation; all of which the original creator of MAME, Nicola Salmoria, played a big role in making a reality.

Exactly what 2006 has in store nobody quite knows. 2006 was always the year quoted for the big Sega rewrite, but that’s now mostly done thanks to the dedication of Aaron Giles, Charles MacDonald and Nicola over the past year and a half although we’re still no closer to finding some of the Sega boards we need in working condition.

I’d like to hope the Seibu protection gets sorted out this coming year, it’s been sitting there holding back a number of drivers for quite a while. CPS3, the remaining Data East titles, Kaneko, Gaelco? I don’t know, We’ll just have to see what happens. Emulation is unpredictable, sometimes you just need to observe the smallest detail you missed before and everything falls into place. As long as there are still things to emulate we’ll look for ways to emulate them.

Anyway, I’d just like to say thanks to all the developers who’ve worked on MAME over the past year, some amazing progress has been achieved and every day brought some new surprises. I hope I’ll be able to say the same this time next year.

From R.Belmont:

Year in review

Haze has to even ask if 2005 was a great year for MAME and MAMEdev? To quote a certain puppet movie, the only answer possible is F*CK YEAH!.

Here’s an extremely partial list based on a combination of my memories and a MAWS search for new and changed games from 0.90 to the present.

the System 32 part of the Sega rewrite

Seibu SPI and the i386/486/Pentium core

3D Konami games including playable Gradius IV

massive ST-V improvements in both speed and quality

Subtle but important PSX hardware improvements

futher improvements to Hyperstone-based games

complete YMF271 (OPX) emulation

Brian Troha’s crusade to emulate every minor bugfix revision of every Incredible Technologies game

major Sega Model 3 improvements

Area 51: Type 4 support

fixes for many long-standing Vegas bugs like the Carnevil crash

improvements for many classics, including the fabulous new discrete sound emultion for Asteroids

the Data East decryption and the ongoing progress on the Galeco encrypted VRAM monstrosity

the latest Big Damn Aaron Rewrites™. End users don’t get much out of them, but they continue to make MAME the most fun software platform to develop on in the known universe

sound additions and improvements to a ton of Namco games. I don’t stand anywhere near alone on making this happen, and I’m just as much in awe of the results

playability and graphics improvements to the Namco (Super) System 22 games like Ridge Racer and Prop Cycle

The resurrection of MESS as a viable, useful platform. There have been major improvements to MESS’s emulation of early B&W Macs, the Sega Master System, Game Gear, NES, Super NES, Game Boy, and Game Boy Color. And we’re just getting started. I can’t wait to see Dracula X boot in the PC Engine driver 

A glimpse of possible real N64 emulation for MAME and MESS

Also, I’m going to give away some completely useless awards that are worth nothing. If you win any of these, you should probably hide until any recognition passes.

Rookie of the Year: Ville Linde, for several of the most-impressive-to-me items in that list above.

Most Valuable non-MAMEdev (non-technical): the MAMEtesters cast and crew, including Fujix, Twisty, and everyone else on there.

Most Valuable non-MAMEdev (technical): Cync, who was the impetus behind a lot of my Namco work this year.

Most Amazing “Out of Character” Performance: Haze. I mean, did anyone guess that the master of cheap Korean pr0n games would also turn out to be the primary locksmith for the DECO CPUs?

Aaron Giles MAME WIP

Robert
    By Robert,
    DCS Help

I'm looking for someone out there who has a 2D Midway game with a DCS sound system. This would include Mortal Kombat 2, Mortal Kombat 3, NBA Hangtime, WWF Wrestlemania, 2 On 2 Open Ice Challenge, or Rampage: World Tour.

Basically, I need to know how much RAM there is for the ADSP chip. If the system is on an external card, this is pretty easy, just identify the RAM chips on the card and let me know what they are. For the Wolf unit games, I think the sound system is on-board, so you'll just need to identify the smaller RAM chips (they will probably be 8kx8 or 32kx8 parts).

In fact, knowing this info for the Cruisin' and Killer Instinct games would be useful as well.

More Vegas

Been trying to figure out what's wrong with the remaining two Voodoo 2 games. They are both frustratingly puzzling.

First is War: The Final Assault. This game used to work before I added support for the ethernet chip, but hasn't been working ever since. I hacked in some code to disable the chip and sure enough, it will work without it, but I know that the board has it hooked up so I can't hack around it like that. It boots through about halfway and then just stops. It sends 3 packets out on the wire, but they are all broadcast packets and since there's nobody listening, there are no responses, nor would I expect there to be. Maybe I'll try to trace what's going on in both cases and compare the two, though tracefiles from a 250MHz RISC chip are somewhat unwieldy to scan through. On the plus side, the graphics problems from my old Voodoo emulation are gone and the game looks great when it does run.

The other non-working game, Road Burners is much closer to working now that I have the ADSP-2181 hooked up properly. The audio section of the system now works and I can boot into attract mode. There are some serious texture glitches on the in-game part of the attract mode, but apart from that it looks pretty good. The problem is that as soon as I start the game it just hangs up waiting for something. Haven't figured that one yet.

There's a part of me that wants to try and start on the Voodoo Banshee emulation, but I also really want to get the Voodoo 2 games working first. Plus, the Banshee requires a whole bunch more glue to support the 2D side of things, so that means faking VGA grossness. I only hope the games don't actually use the 2D stuff for anything except setting the display mode! Fortunately, the 3D section is pretty compatible with the Voodoo 2.

>> Sourced from HERE

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS