AGEMAME32 v0.102u5 Source Patch Released

olaf
    By olaf,

Emu#dreams reports that an AGEMAME source patch for version 0.102u5 of MAME is now available here. There is also a new post on the AGEMAME32 homepage, seen below.

You may be aware that AGEMAME has a little system in place to try to visualise what’s going on inside the machine. What we do at present is draw the VFD readouts and the stepper motor positions onto the screen. What may not have been clear is that, in order to express the values correctly, we hacked into the MAME UI, and used the font data as if it was a regular set of graphics tiles.

This was a very bad thing to do - particularly in terms of system stability.

In version 0.30, however, we’ve received a submission that goes some way to correcting this, by telling me how it’s actually supposed to be done.

This is fairly different from how it is now, but hopefully it should fix a few issues people have on a multi-session basis.

Although I haven’t done much work on using this engine with the other titles as yet, by the time you’ll see it, you probably won’t be able to tell the difference.

You can visit the official homepage of AGEMAME32 here for more news and patches.

Haze's MAME WIP News

olaf
    By olaf,

Emu#dreams reports that Haze has made some more progress in developing support for new games in MAME, the Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator. The games that were worked on this time were: Go 2000 and Canvas Croquis. Below are Haze's posts on his official WIP homepage.

December 25th, 2005 - Go 2000

another obscure Korean game.. I don’t think I’ll be able to finish the emulation of this one myself because I really don’t understand the game and don’t really know what’s meant to be going on.

December 24th, 2005 - Canvas Croquis

Started emulating this strange game from SNK, thanks to Stefan Lindberg

You can visit Haze's MAME work-in-progess web site here.

Atari 800 v0.8 for GP32/GP2x Released

olaf
    By olaf,

retroguru.com reports that Atari 800, the open source Atari 800/XL/XE emulator for the GP32 and GP2x, has been updated to version 0.8. Below are the changes in this version.

- Merged GP2X and GP32 versions (mostly)

- Added ZIP file support

- GP2X:Added clock speed change (Fast forward uses 250, let me know if it crashes for you)

- GP2X:Fixed crash when displaying onscreen keyboard

- GP2X:config now go in /mnt/sd/roms/a800 (i.e. move it from gpmm/a800 to roms/a800)

- GP2X:Switched to 8-bit mode

- GP2X:Added X and Y buttons

- GP2X:Stereo works (thanks to Rlyeh again)

You can visit the official homepage here.

Hu-Go! v2.12 (Public Beta 1) for GameCube Released

olaf
    By olaf,

retroguru.com reports that Hu-Go! v2.12 (Public Beta 1) for Nintendo GameCube has been released. Below are the release notes.

Hu-Go! 2.12 - Public Beta 1

---------------------------

This is a pre-release of my current project, porting Hu-Go! to the GC.

If you're unfamiliar with Hu-Go!, go http://www.zeograd.com and enlighten

yourself.

What is supported on GC

------------------------

PCE/TG16 ROM files upto 1Mb

What is NOT supported on GC

--------------------------

PCE/TG16 CD-ROM

SuperGrafx

As this is simply a test of the core engine, saving is unsupported but

will be in the final 2.12 release.

Pad Configuration

-----------------------

A == Button 1

B == Button 2

Z == Select

START == Run

TRIGGERS = Menu

ROM Injector

----------------

As always, both win32 and linux versions are in the zip.

Enjoy, and let me know how it goes for you!

Have a Very Merry Christmas!

You can find out more information here.

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS