MAME WIP News (12/15)

olaf
    By olaf,

Emu#dreams reports that Roberto Fresca has made progress in developing for MAME. Below are his release notes about his work-in-progress.

- Corrected videoram & colorram offset in Cuore Uno and Elephant Family.

- Corrected CPU freq. in both sets to 2 MHz, since the main CPU is a R65C02P2.

BTW, To initialize the NVRAM in cuoreuno and elephfam:

Start game, press and hold Service1 & Service2, press reset (F3), release Service1 & Service2 and press reset (F3) again.

Also reported, Reip has made progress in working on 'Mosaic - 1999 F2 System'. Apparently it's missing everything but the video, which is just a frame buffer. You can visit Reip's page here and Roberto Fresca's page here.

Mocha v1.12 Released

olaf
    By olaf,

Emu#dreams reports that Mocha has been updated to version 1.12. Mocha is a Java-based TRS-80 Color Computer (CoCo) emulator. Below are the changes in this version.

- "Fat binary" cartridges weren't correctly detecting a coco 2 versus a coco 3.

- Muting sound wouldn't always work with "High Quality" sound selected.

- Some support for bank-switching cartridges (enough to get arkanoid to run...more later!

- Fixed joystick for Arkanoid.

You can find Mocha here, as well as more information on the "CoCo".

FCEUXD SP v1.06 Released

olaf
    By olaf,

Sebastian "Rheiny" Porst has updated FCEUXD SP to version 1.06 today. FCEUXD SP is an enhanced version of FCE Ultra, the Nintendo Entertainment System emulator. FCEUXD SP includes a debugger, PPU viewer, name table viewer, hex editor, trace logger, code/data logger, game genie decoder/encoder, and cheats. Below is what Rheiny posted on his homepage.

Here's a mini update of everybody's favourite NES emulator FCEUXD SP. Version 1.06 fixes two problems people reported on IRC today.

The first problem (reported by Gavin) was a bug in the conditional breakpoint code that occured when using numbers with leading zeros. The second problem was reported by olaf who suggested that the automatically generated '.deb' debug files should only be created if the user actually used the debugger. From this release on the '.deb' files won't be created anymore if the user merely plays a game without debugging it.

You can find out more information here at the official homepage.

bsnes WIP News

olaf
    By olaf,

Emu#dreams reports that byuu has made progress with his Super NES emulator: bsnes. Below is a quote of his WIP news from his homepage.

Added Direct3D rendering support. With that comes the option of selecting which video filter you prefer (point, bilinear, pyramidal, or gaussian). I also added TV-style scanlines, and added a config file option for controlling the luminance of them. The effect simulates interlacing even in the low-res 256x224 video modes pretty well, but anything more accurate would require a much greater resolution. I also fixed triple buffering. It seems to only be possible when using page flipping, for whatever reason. Otherwise, the video frequently gets choppy. This unfortunately means that the menubar to control the application will not be visible when triple buffering is enabled. I'm open to suggestions. I also moved the screenshot capture code into the port-specific code, so I could take advantage of D3DXSaveSurfaceToFile. This means screenshots can be captured with full video effects, and saved in BMP, PNG, or JPEG file formats. It won't work with the DirectDraw renderer just yet, though. I also added a nice gradient fade when you pause the game now. Also, despite all of my efforts to speed things up, using the Direct3D renderer results in a ~35% speed drop, even with no effects turned on. Don't ask me why.

I also added an option to specify where you want to save SRAM files to, and the emulator now always looks for the configuration file in the same path as the executable itself, regardless of how the emulator was started.

Here's some screenshots showing off the TV-style scanlines applied to both the point and linear filters. I can't show off the pyramidal and gaussian filters because my video card doesn't support them, and like hell I'm playing far enough into a game with the D3D software renderer.

You can see the screen shots he speaks of here, at the official homepage of bsnes.

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS