Hoxs64 v1.0.3.12 r2 Released

olaf
    By olaf,

retroguru.com reports that Hoxs64, the Commodore64 emulator, has been updated since yesterday. This is only a bug fix version and does not increase the version number. Below are the changes in this version.

- Fixed sprite bug introduced in release [v1.0.3.8] where a sprite could empty its buffer at column cycle 63 even thought the sprite was hidden at X position >= 0x1f8. This was noticed as occasional blank sprite lines in the second part of the "Ice Cream Castle" demo by Crest.

You can find out more here, at the official homepage.

MAME GP2X Alpha Version (Black Tiger) Released

olaf
    By olaf,
    PDRoms reports that Franxis is now porting the single arcade emulator for Black Tiger over to the GP2x. The Black Tiger version of MAME was previously only available on GP32. You can find out more information here, at the official homepage.

DrMDx v4.3 Released

olaf
    By olaf,

PDRoms reports that Reesy has updated DrMD for the GP2x. DrMD is a Sega Genesis emulator. Below are the changes in this version.

- Everybody's noticed problems when saving data. It seems you need to call the sync() function after writing to a file in order to force linux to finish writing the file. People were losing data because they switched off their GP2X before Linux had written the data to disk. I have now made sure that any fwrite commands are now followed by sync() so we should be ok from now on.

- Noticed a bug in my code that will crash the emulator if you try to scan more than 512 roms. Never been a problem before as the GP32 only had 128MB cards. The rom limit is still 512 roms but now the code will stop and display a message informing you that you have too many roms. In the next version I'm planning on a new file browser that will allow you to browse to any directory, this is why I don't want to spend too much time updating the current browser system.

- Change the menu colour scheme.

- Removed code that updates the gamma of the menu when you change the gamma menu setting as its a waste of time and looks crap. The gamma setting now only affects the games.

You can find out more information here.

Fuse-gp2x v0.001 Released

olaf
    By olaf,

PDRoms reports that Fuse-gp2x has been released. Fuse-gp2x is a port of FUSE, the Spectrum emulator, to the GP2x by bosteen. Below are the release notes.

It is a early port of Fuse, a spectrum emulator. I am still working on it, and I am aware of many problems with it but let me know if it is a problem that doesn't involve the joystick getting stuck, the lack of volume control, poor UI for selecting files, tape errors, or auto-snap failures.

You can find out more information here and obtain it here.

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS