DSemu Updated

olaf
    By olaf,

AEP Emulation Page reports that DSemu, the Nintendo DS and GameBoy Advance emulator, has been updated. Below are the release notes.

Some vaguely substantial additions to the DSemu-ng codebase have occurred since I last posted. Firstly, I've hacked some semblance of more complete DMA support into the GBA's memory management: video-triggered DMA events and channel 0 are both now supported. Of course, the presence of these is entirely untested, so I've no idea if they work, but the code is there at least; if it's not working correctly, that's a much better thing than the functionality being totally missing.

Things have also moved forward on the DS front. I've got a very rough model for simultaneous execution of the two CPUs now: Run two ARM9 instructions, then run one ARM7 instruction. It's grossly incorrect at the fine-grain level of clock cycles, but the big issues of synchronisation should be able to cope with it. What this means is that you can now watch the two CPUs executing from their respective debuggers, which is indeed a very good thing.

On the subject of synchronisation, the two DS MMUs have been hacked up to support portions of the new memory map, and to share regions of memory between each other. Furthermore, I've added the ability to parse an NDS file's header, and load the main- and sub-specifi binaries into their respective spaces. Of course, the issue of priority when a location is simultaneously accessed by both CPUs is as yet unsolved, as the memory control registers are fully missing. Also, the NDS header parsing means the emulator will only ever accept.nds files;.ds.gba and such things will be impossible to load.

As a footnote, I've finally added a README to the source distribution, so you can see what you're getting. I believe it's already partly out of date, but I'll try to keep it updated when I can. You can take a look at the latest source, including that README, at the link below.

Click here to visit the homepage or obtain yesterday's release here.

GEST Discontinued

olaf
    By olaf,

AEP Emulation Page reports that GEST, a GameBoy emulator is now officially dead. Below is the official announcement.

I should've posted this about a year ago. Well as you can see I'm not dead, but GEST is.

It was starting to get as good as I can get it with my poor programming skills anyway.

That's about it.

You can see this quote for yourself here, at the official homepage.

NEOGEO CDZ Updated

olaf
    By olaf,
    AEP Emulation Page reports that NEOGEO CDZ has been updated for the day, as usual. You can find out more information here, at the homepage (Japanese).

Peldet v0.7 DuEy Edition Released

olaf
    By olaf,

PDRoms reports that Peldet, a Telnet client for the Playstation Portable, has been updated. In this version you can find IRC support, as well as:

- The codebase has been really thrashed to get in multiple protocol support

- There is still a bit to do, but it can wait for the next version.

- IRC SUPPORT :thumbsdown: some limitations, but pretty usable

- When connecting to wifi it will keep trying untill it gets on.

- Scrollable screen. (Use the analog stick)

- Lots more I forget zzzzz.

- Background menu image by DuEy

Click here to find out more information.

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS