Official DSEmu Update!

Alpha
    By Alpha,

The original author of DSEmu, Two9A, has posted an update to his website.

For a long time now, I've been wanting to implement breakpoints into DSemu's debugger. Indeed, I remember writing about it here. And for the longest time, I thought having a list that the dispatch looks through every cycle would be too slow. But then I found C++.

The STL has a log-n reverse lookup table (just a map, basically) that I can use to get some viable speed out of the breakpoints. And so I have.

And keep in mind, this is working on Linux; the Windows compile looks exactly the same, and if I could get it to build on OSX, it'd be the same as well. So yeah, it's portable.

»» http://www.dsemu.org [Official Website]

»» http://dsemu.1emulation.com [Official Forum]

Basilisk II PSP Port (Mac Emulator)

oshisama
    By oshisama,
    What Works

Emulation

Video (wrong colors, slow)

Input (start = return, mouse = analog + X = click)

What Doesn't

Ethernet

Audio

Keyboard

External Filesystem (ability to use flash0:, mc0:, etc...)

Serial (no irda0: support yet)

screen20basillisk8hj.th.gif

»» Download/Discussion

Mini vMac 2.7.1 Released!

Alpha
    By Alpha,

Mini vMac emulates a Macintosh Plus, one of the earliest of Macintosh computers, sold between 1986 and 1990. It can run old Macintosh software that otherwise couldn't be used on recent machines, and so helps to preserve history, from the era when the modern user interface for computers was being defined.

Version 2.7.1 now saves the display of error messages and the changing of cursor visibility for a more appropriate time, which should fix the two problems with the previous beta mentioned below. There are also a few changes to the new, and undocumented, build system. Hopefully I'll be able to write up some documentation for it before the official release.

Late in the process of making a new beta, I discovered that the game Lunar Phantom didn't work properly at 1x speed (again). This turned out to be because of some bugs in the VIA timer 1 emulation and the delayed task mechanism that were in 2.6.1 but previously masked. Fixing these also has the benefit that Mini vMac can now pass the tests of Apple's MacCheck program when running faster than 1x (2.6.1 would pass only if 'Limit Speed' was on).

Sorry for the long delay. But now I've stopped travelling and will be in one place a couple months, and so can get some work done on Mini vMac.

»» Homepage / Download

Arbee's (R. Belmont) MAME WIP Update!

Alpha
    By Alpha,

Arbee, better known as R. Belmont, has posted another update to his MAME WIP page.

Tick tock

I added DSP1 support to the MESS SNES emulation, only to discover most of those games required more advanced timing than was currently supported. With some tips from Aaron Giles, I reworked the main raster timing and it’s greatly improved those games (and broken several others, but I’ll deal with that next). Here’s a few screens from Pilotwings showing all the nice improvements. (ETA: and some Ballz 3D too - bad game, but vector balls are the bomb anyway).

snes5uf.th.pngsnes00007tn.th.png

snes00022wk.th.pngsnes00038yi.th.png

»» http://rbelmont.mameworld.info/

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS