SSSPSX has been upgraded to version 0.0.25

No English changelog is available.

»» Official Site

»» Download it Now! [1Emulation Server]

Credits: Official Site

Famitsu Scores

Wizard
    By Wizard,

The latest issue of Famitsu has reviews of the newest Japanese games that hit retail. Including Jump Superstar, which is selling very nicely.

NDS Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (Konami): 9/ 8 / 8 / 8 - (33/40)

PS2 Tales of Legendia (Namco): 8 / 8 / 8 / 8 - (32/40)

NDS Jump Superstars (Nintendo): 8/ 8 / 9 / 7 - (32/40)

PS2 Winning Post 7 (Koei): 8 / 9 / 8 / 7 - (32/40)

PS2 Naruto: Uzumaki Shinobiden (Bandai): 8 / 8 / 8 / 7 - (31/40)

NDS Lost in Blue (Konami): 8 / 8 / 7 / 8 - (31/40)

PS2 Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 (Ubisoft): 8 / 7 / 7 / 8 - (30/40)

PSP Breath of Fire III (Capcom): 7 / 7 / 8 / 7 - (29/40)

PSP Twelve: Sengoku Fengshenden (Konami): 8 / 7 / 8 / 6 - (29/40)

PS2 Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny: Generation of C.E. (Bandai): 8 / 7 / 6 / 7 - (28/40)

PS2 Shikigami no Shiro: Nanayozuki Gensoukyoku (Kids Station): 7 / 8 / 6 / 6 - (27/40)

NDS Lunar Genesis (Lunar: Dragon Song) (Marvelous): 6 / 9 / 6 / 6 - (27/40)

PS2 Cowboy Bebop: Tsuitou no Yakyoku (Bandai): 7 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (25/40)

PS2 Simple 2000 Series Vol. 84: The Sekai Meisaku Gekijou Quiz (D3): 7 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (25/40)

PSP Tiger Woods PGA Tour (Electronic Arts): 8 / 5 / 6 / 6 - (25/40)

NDS Bust-a-Move DS (Taito): 7 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (25/40)

NDS Dino Grand Prix (MTO): 6 / 6 / 6 / 5 - (23/40)

PS2 Mirai Shounen Conan (D3): 6 / 6 / 5 / 4 - (21/40)

PS2 Futakoi: Koi to Mizugi no Survival (MediaWorks): 5 / 6 / 5 / 5 - (21/40)

PS2 White Princess the Second (Kid): 4 / 5 / 4 / 4 - (17/40)

>>GamesAreFun

While Famtisu may be baised towards certain companies *coughsonycough* I agree with some of their reviews.

Resident Evil 4 PS2 Contents

Wizard
    By Wizard,
    Those of you who don't have a GameCube and have been waiting for the PS2 version of Resident Evil 4 now know exactly how much longer you have to wait. Capcom has announced that October 25 is the firm release date for the PS2 version (which will be $39.99).

Also, Gamestop.com recently put up details of a "Premium Edition" of the game.

"The Resident Evil 4 Premium Edition includes the Resident Evil 4 game, a making of Resident Evil 4 DVD, a limited edition Laser Cell of Ada Wong and Brady Games' Resident Evil Prologue."

According to Gamestop's listing, the Premium Edition will be $49.99, $10 more than the regular price for the game.

Update - Here are some more new features (actual in-game stuff) listed at Gamestop:

* New Chapters- play as Ada Wong in "Seperate Ways", 5 terrifying, adrenaline-pumping missions that reveal additional horrific surprises.

* New unlockable weapons, including the PRL412 laser cannon and the Gunpowder Bow Gun.

* New unlockable costumes for Leon and Ashley

>>GamesAreFun

I have the GC version, but these extras. Very tempting to get it again. The DVD video is bound to get ripped.

DS Heretic v0.1 Released

Wizard
    By Wizard,

I'm pretty surprised this hasn't been posted.

Anyways;

Introduction

Heretic is a classic first person shooter created by Raven software released on 12/21/1994. It is based off the Doom engine by Id software. Raven released the source to Heretic on 1/11/1999. I have taken the source, manipulated and recompiled it to run on the Nintendo DS. In my opinion, the Nintendo DS is going to be one of the greatest first person shooter consoles so far, demonstrated by the Metroid Prime Hunters demo.

I took on this project in an effort to learn more about professional game engines, and the Nintendo DS hardware. It has been a great experience.

Current changelog

August 5, 2005 -- Released!

The first release is out. Go to the download section and get it!

August 3, 2005 -- Added some new screenshots.

August 2, 2005 -- I got the automap working, tweaked up full screen status items, and got the bottom screen running.

I got the automap and the statusbar running on the bottom screen at the same time as the playerview in full screen on the top screen, but this does incur a speed hit. I made the statusbar draw on either the top screen or bottom screen based on if the playerview is in full screen. I also made the automap drawing an option. Now, you can play with only top screen, or as dual screen.

Most the items I wanted to work on for release are done. Initial release is comming soon!

August 1, 2005 -- Added ability to progress levels.

I added all the necessary code back in to progress levels. I had a bug in V_DrawShadowedPatch, which the text uses, but I fixed it up.

July 31, 2005 -- Found texture bug.

Now all the textures are working. The texture names are loaded out of the WAD using memcpy. Some texture names were not being loaded correctly, so R_TextureNumForName could not find the texture in the texture structure even though the texture was sitting there perfectly.

July 30, 2005 -- Project Page created.

I know this is not the greatest piece of html ever written, but my priorities lie in getting dsHeretic to a point where I feel I can release it to the community, and uphold some of the quality standards Raven and Heretic deserves. When this is done, I will have a chance to update this page. At that point I will add a section describing some of the pitfalls I ran into, and a section describing my ongoing work on this Heretic port.

When installing you must supply your own WAD. Check the readme file for more information.

>>MaxConsole(news)

>>Drunken Coders DS Hertic site(folks who did the little port)

The homebrewing scene for the DS is pretty interesting, I'm thinking of investing in tools to run homebrew software on mine.

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS