- hooked up EEPROM correctly

- fixed sound ROM decoding and banking

- fixed tile banking

- fixed video priorities

Fixed unaligned 32-bit reads in the ARM core. [Tomasz Slanina]

Fixed several bugs in the ARM core which break Captain America but fix some

other issues. [bryan McPhail]

Fixed sprite rendering in Double Wings. [David Haywood]

Fixed the question roms reading for Phraze Craze and fixed some loading based

on new info discovered. [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]

Fixed sound effects in The Next Space. [MASH]

New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status

---------------------------------------------------

Double Cheese [Aaron Giles]

Chain Reaction [David Haywood]

Magical Drop [David Haywood]

Osman [David Haywood]

Super Triv [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]

Charlie Ninja [David Haywood]

Romar Triv [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]

New clones added

----------------

Cannon Dancer (Japan) [David Haywood]

Cannonball set 2 [David Widel]

New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING

------------------------------------

Pit Boss [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]

MAME32 released!

»» Official Site

»» Download it Now! [1Emulation Server]

MAME32FX released!

»» Official Site

MAMEplus! released!

»» Official Site

Bsnes v0.010 released!

Robert
    By Robert,
    08/03/2005 - bsnes v0.010 released

bsnes now supports SPC700 emulation (no DSP or sound support, however), and has greatly improved compatibility. It also now contains a keyboard-only joypad configuration tool.

Since the last news update, I finished the APU core and fixed a lot of bugs (incw/decw writing to the wrong locations, movw ya, dp not setting n/z flags, and a couple others), and ended up getting pretty much every game I had working, including DQ5 and Tekkaman Blade. I modified the OAM renderer to maintain a list of sprite information for all 128 sprites all the time, rather than loading all of that info 128 times a scanline (the PPU runs a little faster now), removed the HDMA base init timing and rewrote the DMA timing, greatly improved the IRQ timing, slightly improved the NMI timing, fixed the ExHiROM memory mapping to what Overload specified, and did a few other misc. things I can't recall at the moment.

Of course, that's only in the last few days. There's been probably a hundred or so changes/fixes since the last release, but unfortunately I didn't keep a list this time. Sorry about that.

I tried to make sure nothing major was broken, but I always seem to miss something. The only thing I'm aware of at the moment is that frameskipping can sometimes cause slightly corrupt graphics to appear on screen (or maybe I've since fixed it?), but everything works fine otherwise. This release is also substantially slower than the last release, almost entirely due to proper DMA timing. But that's a neccesity as it will be needed for HDMA timing, and possibly NMI/IRQ timing as well in the future. I'll work on speeding things up later.

Oh, as a sidenote: the 'Enable APU' option requires the emulator to be restarted before it takes effect.

This version also works on Linux/BSD (or any little endian platform with SDL, really). To use this, you have to compile it yourself. I only have FreeBSD, so releasing a binary image probably wouldn't help many people. To compile bsnes, go to src/sdl, and edit sdlmain.cpp. Comment out #define _WIN32_, and then edit the Makefile, set the path to your SDL config tool (it is sdl11-config on FreeBSD, I believe it is just sdl-config on Linux), and then run make. It will generate the binary which can be run via 'bsnes_sdl '. It generates bsnes_sdl.cfg which can be used to configure the emulator somewhat. I am only able to test this release on FreeBSD, so if anyone uses the Linux port and has trouble getting it to work, and bothers to fix the problem, please tell me what to do to fix it.

»» Official Site

Credits: Official Site

clrmamepro 3.71c released!

Robert
    By Robert,
    3.71c (03-Aug-2005)

===================

fixed: backup doesn't remove a temporary backupfolder when > 1 files were used in the current backup operation

»» Official Site

Credits: Official Site

Outrun Coast 2 Coast

Wizard
    By Wizard,
    Sega registered the trademark "Outrun Coast 2 Coast " at the USPTO on July 26, 2005. This definitely means that Sega has plans to bring another outrun title to the U.S.

But it doesnt state which system. It could be for Next generation consoles or it could be for handhelds. Whatever the case... knowing that there is a new outrun title is enough to get excited.

Here is the patent:

Word Mark OUTRUN COAST 2 COAST

Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Video game software; computer game software

Standard Characters Claimed

Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK

Serial Number 78678431

Filing Date July 26, 2005

Current Filing Basis 1B

Original Filing Basis 1B

Owner (APPLICANT) Kabushiki Kaisha Sega d/b/a Sega Corporation CORPORATION JAPAN 2-12, Haneda 1-Chome Ohta-ku, Tokyo 144-0043 JAPAN

Attorney of Record David Ehrlich

Prior Registrations 2972723

Type of Mark TRADEMARK

Register PRINCIPAL

Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

>>S-C.com Thread.

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS