Atari++ 1.43 released!

Robert
    By Robert,

The Atari++ Emulator is a Unix based emulator of the Atari eight bit computers, namely the Atari 400 and 800, the Atari 400XL, 800XL and 130XE, and the Atari 5200 game console. A win32 version can be downloaded at the link below.

- Added a resident R: handler that can be patched in as a replacement for the 6502-based R: handler that is bootstrapped from the interface box.

- The R: handler code now resets the replacement character that is dropped in whenever a non-ATASCII character arrives at the serial input.

- Worked around the sound problems that appear due to the unbalanced audio output; this release offers an additional high-pass filter in the pokey output that avoids any offset.

- The pokey keyboard disable bit was not emulated at all. Setting this bit now disables all keyboard activity.

- Fixed the emulation of the Atari/INVERSEVID key and related keys; the corresponding key-up event was never forwarded to the kernel.

- Updated the manual; forgot to include the position of the Atari/INVERSEVID key in the manual.

»» Official Site

»» Download it Now! [1Emulation Server]

Credits: Official Site

Some Playstation 3 tidbits

Gryph
    By Gryph,

This is taken from the latest PSM.

# No more memory cards.  You know all that stuff about backwards compatibility with the PS2 and the original Playstation?  Well, we've got good news and bad news for you.  Your old save games won't be usable, thanks to the PS3's reliance on the Memory Stick Duo for storing save data.  The good news is that downloading and saving shares via your PC (ahem, ahem) for all three Playstation versions and the PSP will be easy as pie.  And we like pie.

# Say bye-bye to peripherals.  No more using knockoff DDR pads and wireless controllers, gang.  Sony has officially disavowed support for all third-party controllers, but you'll still be able to play PS1/PS2 games just fine with a PS3 pad.  My money's on a USB adapter coming out for it soon after release, though.

# Specs?  Um, what specs?  Sure, Kutaragi might be singing "The best is yet to come, and babe, won't it be fine?" but he's a little off-key.  All those impressive tech specs revealed at E3 weren't the be-all, end-all of the story.  Engineers have begun talking about improvements to the system, including low-level memory upgrades and other things that make game developers all hot and bothered.

# That hard drive isn't for games.  No such luck in getting your save games for Avalon or Dark Sector onto the PS3's micro HDD; Sony wants you to use it for things like downloaded video content, MP3s, and photos.  The network hub capabilities will then let you access it from any network-enabled device.

# Use your PSP as a remote.  Ever wish you could just power on your PlayStation from the couch?  Well, grab a PSP and you'll be able to access the PS3 even in sleep mode.  Couch potatotes, rejoice!

# It will have TiVo-like capabilities.  Sure, Sony, you might have told me sweet nothings about a USB video input box that will allow the PS3 to record movies and TV to the micro HDD, and you got me so worked up when you whispered to me about being able to download the shows I've missed from my PS3 to my PSP over the Internet, but I think I'll stick with DirecTiVo, thank you ver much.

# Most games will be 720p.  Yes, you'll still have 1080i and 1080p high-definition modes, but you can put off that HDTV purchase a little while longer with the news that most game developers are using 720p as the standard target resolution.  Good thing, too; have you priced an HDTV-ready plasma recently?  (Edit: tanjou's been good enough to point out that all you folks with EDTV won't get any 720p loving.)

# Speed or quality, but not both.  PC gamers have it so good.  Battlefield 2 not running so well?  Play it at a lower resolution and watch the game speed up.  Sony wants to have games run faster and smoother by dropping the resolution, but it remains to be seen whether game developers will let us have that choice.

Source: PSM via http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2005/8/1/846

Haze’s Mame WIP!

CaptainCPS-X
    By CaptainCPS-X,

After the release of Mame98u3 Haze come back with

updates to the following:

1st update july 31 2005

Aaron has released the ‘u3′ source update for Mame 0.98, this includes the Deco 156 progress made so far.

Shortly after the release of u3 I made some further improvements to the 156 emulation, removing a kludge (allowing the Eeproms to work) and fixing the music.

2nd update August 1st 2005

Another 156 update..

I fixed a few more bugs in the driver.. if testing use the new source

3rd update August 1st 2005

Osman / Cannon Dancer

Dox fixed a bug in the ARM Cpu core, which in turn fixed the colours in Osman.

osman_1.png

osman_3.png

osman_7.png

osman_9.png

osman_10.png

4th update August 1st, 2005

3rd 156 Update

This includes the ARM cpu core fix from Dox.

Also fixed are some priority problems.

Please delete any nvram files before testing, old nvram files WILL cause problems with Osman / Cannon Dancer.

The other good news for now is that the Mame Italia guys should be able to do a redump of Charlie Ninja, all going well that should have proper sprite colours by the end of tomorrow.

And a WIP just came out too:

August 2 2005 WIP

Charlie Ninja

The redump of the missing sprite rom was done by the Mame Italia Forum guys, here are the results.

charlien_sprites1.png

charlien_sprites2.png

charlien_sprites3.png

charlien_sprites4.png

charlien_sprites5.png

More images and downloads of the Source Updated files here:

» http://haze.mameworld.info/

SeeYaa!!!

:rofl:

PD: Now to compile my unoffcial mame32 v98u4 xDD

ScummVM DS Released

Gryph
    By Gryph,

A DS port of ScummVM has been released in two different formats, Flash and WMB.

To use:

Click 'add game'.

Click 'Choose'.

Click 'OK'.

Click 'Start'.

'Select' switches between scaled and unscaled. D-pad to scroll around. Play the game using the pen.

I should have a version that can play any game you have the data files for by next week or so.

fescumm3ym.jpg

game1scumm7nf.jpg

game2scumm4mc.jpg

»» Official Forum Post

»» Download it Now! (Flash Version) [1Emulation Server]

»» Download it Now! (WMB Version) [1Emulation Server]

Credits: This post via r1cola at Shacknews

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS