White PSP To Hit Japanese Stores

Wizard
    By Wizard,
    An iPod-style Ceramic White edition of the PSP is set to launch in Japan on September 15th, Sony Computer Entertainment Japan has announced.

The new edition will only be available as a value pack and will go on sale with a 26,040 Yen price point (£134/ 193 Euros). The Ceramic White edition will be the first of a variety of new colours, SCEJ confirmed, with accessories being made available separately.

It is not yet known if or when the Ceramic edition will be available overseas, but Sony's track record of introducing colour variations of the PS2 is well established in Europe.

Meanwhile, Sony also announced that Internet browsing functionality will be officially added to the PSP from July 27th. Users will be able to visit the SCEI website and update the system software on their PSPs to version 2.0, allowing them to install an Internet browser.

[...]

The long-awaited European launch is set for Thursday September 1st.

Eurogamer

WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2006 for PSP!

Alpha
    By Alpha,

smacpsp3lp.png

I've been checking IGN every week for more information on this and I'd have to give a major "Hell Yeah!" as well for this game. Definately on my buy list when it comes out.

July 20, 2005 - Though Sony had already confirmed that Yuke's Media Creations (the technical force behind THQ's SmackDown series) was working on a PSP wrestling game in a somewhat-buried list of confirmed Japanese developers, concrete news about the title hasn't appeared for more than a year. That is, until now. Later this afternoon, during the annual Japanese trade show known as "PlayStation Meeting 2005," THQ and Yuke's will reveal the portable version of WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2006 to an unsuspecting audience (though, now that we told everybody, I guess they will suspect it, hmmm?)

»» Read the Interview!

»» More Pictures

Majesco Files Chapter 11 Bankrupcy Protection

Wizard
    By Wizard,
    Majesco Games has officially filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection, topping off one of the worst weeks of gaming industry. Earlier this month, Majesco announced that its expected profits for this fiscal year would drop by a large margin, in turn plummeting its stock price by over 50%. During the almost certain craze that its employees were in, Majesco's CEO resigned from his position to leave Majesco forever.

Now, in Majesco's darkest hours, they have filed for bankruptcy. Majesco's final shipment was Nanostray earlier this week.

A word of advice: If you ever plan on picking up Nanostray, do it now. There won't be many more copies left after this.

Saucey source.

Various games are now up in limbo. And I'm gonna pick up said title now.

Sega's Secrets

Wizard
    By Wizard,

12526054826580266jk.jpg

While Jeffrey states that it is “more than likely” that we’ll see old franchises on the Revolution, he also calls Nintendo family-oriented, and Sega is looking at “which franchises are appropriate for different platforms.” I could be paranoid, but we may just see a lot of Sonic or Super Monkey Ball and a lot less of Shinobi or Altered Beast on the Revolution

Full article.

Sega have Secret Level working on a top secret project. A project believed to be the rebirth of a topsega logo Sega franchise from Days of Yore.

One enterprising individual has discovered that Sega recently filed the name After Burner with the US patent office. Okay, so it’s a bit of a leap, but could it be that this, of all properties, is the one Sega wants to relaunch? Curious decision if it is!

Sauce.

If anyone was around during the old Master System days, now would be the time to start guessing what this ninja IP is. And hurrah for Sega joining the rev!

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS