Reality Boy v0.8 Final Released

olaf
    By olaf,

Reality Boy is a Nintendo Virtual Boy emulator for Windows. Below is the log of improvements in this version.

- 12/16/04 - Fixed some windows bugs (dialog close box works, set title bar, etc). Save frame captures in rom directory. Removed the screen wrap fix, it broke to many other games. I desperatly need to redo the debug code to be more compatible to windows. I finaly got a fast enough computer to need speed throtling, I hacked a quick solution together. Someday I will make it optional on the command line.

- 12/12/04 - I can't figure out the wraping problem, I have a psudo hack that is working for now, but I need to realy pin it down. I though maby there was a second set of overplane bits somewere but I can not find them. Im going to put this to rest after a thoural regresion test, I cant mess with it any more today. Anyway most games are 100% accurate now, and we only have 3 that are not playable.

- 12/11/04 - Fixed a screen wrap bug in Normal BGMap mode, this broke teleroboxer and VFish. Also its horibly implemented now, need to make it smarter (and faster). Now I dont overwrite the screen capture files, todo: save the files in the proper directory in windows. Messed with direct screen draws, a lot of work is needed here. 3D-Tetris shows off a CPU bug, vertical lines get mangled. Now all bug fixes form Red Dragon are fully incorporated.

- 12/04/04 - Made a comprehensive list of graphical bugs and started wittling them down. Most of the bugs come from not fully understanding how the objects wrap to the screen. I am confident that given the time the graphics system will be perfect by christmass (or nearly so).

- 12/01/04 - Added a new keyboard mapping and made it the default. Cleaning things up for the oficial 0.8 release.

- 11/26/04 - Fixed rotation finaly, there were several math bugs in Red_Dragon, but otherwise they had it right. I have a small number of bugs left to fix...

- Official Homepage

PCSX2 0.7 Released!

Gryph
    By Gryph,

The latest version of the best PS2 emulator has been released. There are lots of fixes and greater hardware support and compatibility. You can check out the plugins required and get the source code at the official website. Without further ado, here is the change log.

We are a little bit late but all good things take time :lol:

Enjoy the new release of pcsx2

GENERAL

# Memcards and pads should work okay now. More compatibility earned since so many things have been fixed from previous release :P

VIF-VUS

# VIF-FIFO transfers seems to work better

# VU1 regs now are mapped to VU0 mem

# Implemented VU0 Interlocks over CFC2/CTC2/QMFC2/QMTC2

# Fixed vu branch negative overflows

# VU D/T flags are handled now

# VU pointer gets aligned now

PLUGINS

# Added Firewire plugin protocol

SPU2

# Fixed SPU2async cycle

# SPUdma timings changed to 80

CDVD

# Implemented ReadNVM/WriteNVM

# BCR now decrements for each cdvdReadSector

# Fixes to SCMD's

# ReadILink/GetMecaconVersion are really implemented

# CdReadConfig/CdWriteConfig now uses NVM

Interface

# sstates now use CRC

# Added IOP disasm in the debugger

# Added rom2/erom support

# Added Patch Browser for win32

IPU

# Several changes for IPU

HARDWARE

# Fixed bug IOP counters

# Fixed some bugs over interrupts and exceptions

# Newer bios will now work with pcsx2. Pads fixed, more compatibility

# Fixed SIF0/1 when fifo got filled up

# Fixed EXL bug

# Fixed SIF SMFLAG/MSFLAG

# Fixed MCDS

>> Official PCSX2 Website

>> Download it here

GuineaPig 015.1 Beta Released

olaf
    By olaf,

GuineaPig is a SEGA Genesis/Megadrive, Atari VCS 2600, Mastersystem (SMS), GameGear (GG) and NEC TurboGrafx/PCEngine (TG16) Emulator for Palm OS. Below are the details for this release.

- Added basic Atari 2600 support! Sluggish in zodiac scaled mode but can fix that later.

- Official Homepage

MagicEngine 1.0 PR 8 Released!

IxI SoNiK IxI
    By IxI SoNiK IxI,

Magic Engine is a PC-Engine emulator for Windows.

News:

• added a 'frameskip' option in the pce.ini file and in the gamepad/keyboard misc config menu.
    • added a 'slideshow' option for the 'load ROM' menu.
    • re-organized the video driver code; in planning of DirectX support.
    • added an icon to the.exe.
    • fixed a bug in the gamepad code (the stuck-direction bug).
    • fixed Steam Heart's crash.
    • fixed Jantei Monogatari III crash.
    • fixed Gunbuster ADPCM looping bug.
    • fixed Yuna HuVideo movie.
    • fixed Exile.
    • adjusted Loom screen centering.

» Magic Engine homepage.

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS