GameEx Updated

olaf
    By olaf,

GameEx was being updated and we've been missing the updates, here are the latest updates in reverse chronological order.

GameEx v2.58

- Now supports Mouse Wheel, for scrolling list.

- Quicker Startup.

- Fixed GameEx not initialising if ICONS used in some cases.

- Fixed problem with Images not showing if resolution not 800 X 600 and Background mode was snap.

GameEx v2.57

- Now supports ICONS. Specify an ICONPath if you would like to display them alongside each listed game.

- Tested with MAMu's ICONS, and looks pretty good.

- If your ICONS are in a zip you will have to extract them. Processing them in a ZIP was too slow.

- Displaying the ICONS does add a little time onto exiting a game and returning to GameEx. Not a lot, but if that bothers you, as with the other images displayed, you can turn off support for ICONS by not specifying a path.

GameEx v2.56

- Setting added to display Marquee images.

- New setting added MAMEAudioMode. This controls sound and music when playing a MAME game. You can now play your playlist or Jukebox music while playing MAME. Pretty cool I think. Thanks to Sound Doc for suggesting this.

- Better memory handling for images.

- Memory usage should stay consistent now. Although I have noticed a memory leak with MAME videos that I am working on.

- Official Homepage

Chankast Update

Gryph
    By Gryph,

This was posted by Garrofi, one of Chankast's authors, at Emutalk. They've been making good progress and the XBOX port should also be coming soon. This is certainly welcome news since last update was in July and it is also very exciting since it will be coming to XBOX and they will release the source and binaries. Props to Team Chanka for their continued efforts.

About our missing in action. Chankast has been a very stressful project, it needed a lot of time to get it working. We did an incredible work to get the first release working in only 3 months, it was a full time work. After the 0.25 release I didn't feel like doing chankast again so I took a long break, but we have been improving a lot of things in that time.

The emu is faster and need less memory to work, an early xbox version is working, it's great to see shenmue 1 on xbox , the sound is better,...

About the future, we are thinking about releasing the source code and a binary with the latest changes.

Garrofi

>>Source: http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=25075

>>Chankast Homepage: http://www.chanka.org/

SNESGT 0.163b Released

olaf
    By olaf,

This was released a few days ago, below is a quote from the official homepage about what happened and is happening with SNESGT.

As I described in my site, my HDD crashed several months ago.

Some people worried that the development may be discontinued.

However,the source code of the SNESGT was salvaged, which allows

me to continue the development.

-- What's new

- Fixed several bugs with settings(about directory,sound and window...).

- Fixed sprite glitches in the top edge of the screen.

- Fixed a handling of ENDX flag in DSP emulation code.

- Fixed a bug of the sound I/O access queue

- Improved BRR decoding method.

- Rewrote DirectInput device handling code.

- Official Homepage

O2EM v1.15 Released

olaf
    By olaf,

O2EM, a multi-platform Odyssey2 and VideoPac emulator, has been updated. Below are the changes (all platforms affected).

- Added support for 12kb and 16kb games. Trans American Rally+ works now.

- Added fixes to the VP+ gfx emulation made by Soeren Gust. Flashpoint works properly now.

- Fixed a bug in the Windows-specific emulation timing code that caused the emulator to crash when run on a Windows machine which was on for a few days without a reboot.

- Fixed a bug in the emulation of the DAA instruction, which caused bugs in the score of several games (Le Tresor Englauti, Cosmic Conflict, etc.).

- Fixed instruction timings (patch by Soeren)

- Modified the palette to use values calculated from the Videopac+ RGB encoder specs by René van den Enden, instead of guessed values.

- Other minor fixes.

- Official Homepage

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS