PCSX2 online! (WIP)

Robert
    By Robert,

PS2 emulator

Drunk Together at Last!

[ Posted by CKemu 18:43 on 01 09 07 ]

GiGaHeRz did it!! *hic* *wobble*...erm, oh I'd best explain I suppose!

DEV9 is a section of the PS2 which handles a variety of things; HDD, USB and ethernet. GiGaHeRz has been working on one aspect of DEV9, ethernet!

PCSX2 now supports PS2 ethernet, so what does that mean? ONLINE PLAY BABY. On August 30th 2007 GiGaHeRz successfully logged on to the official Capcom Monster Hunter servers and entered a town, briefly after his success I to logged in and joined him!

Subsequently most of the betatesting and development team have logged onto Monster Hunter, interacted with people playing on their real PS2's and even gone questing with each other; including other Monster Hunter players.

This is a significant moment for PCSX2, as we are perhaps one of the first emulation projects to ever let the emulator user connect to a real live official server and play their game online. The only other project we are aware of; that has even come close to this feat would be nullDC (a Dreamcast emulator for Windows).

Testing is ongoing with a variety of online games, and the lack of USB keyboard and mouse support (hopefully to be resolved soon), means PAD typing messages is the only way to communicate online.

This advance towards emulating some of the more "unique" features of the PS2 has once again put into sharp focus the need for you to dump your own BIOS. The specifics I won't detail here, however those of you downloading your BIOS will suffer the consequences.

We shall let you know of further progress with any games we get to go online, but Monster Hunter is a fantastic example of how well PS2 emulation can work, average framerates of 50-70 FPS, with lows of 35 in intense moments. Monster Hunter is utterly stable, I myself have been playing it for some time only noticing minor visual issues on rare occasions.

You can watch a video and see some screenshots in the original article HERE.

Gens32 1.76 Surreal IceBlue released

Robert
    By Robert,

Genesis emulator

Gens32 Surreal v1.76 IceBlue

1) Some update on sound stuff, make it sampler and faster.

2) Fixed the bug which resize the window while reactive.

3) Gens32 Antialiasings III released, designed for 1024*768.

4) Some update on Gens32 Antialiasings II.

5) Fixed the bug while playing CDDA.

Also, the nice theme (include background,start logo,menu logo,icon) was designed by AKM1989, really thanks.

And more.....

>> Get it HERE

Azureus 3.0.2.2 released

Robert
    By Robert,

BT client

Changes:

2007.08.29 | v3.0.2.2

CHANGE: UI | Improved usability of speed scale widget. [TuxPaper]

CHANGE: UI | Restored reposition functionality of torrent context menus [TuxPaper]

BUGFIX: Core | *nix: Allowing multi-instance now works again [TuxPaper]

BUGFIX: Core | IPv6 DHT v4 pollution fix [Parg]

BUGFIX: UI | MacOSX: Fixed not remembering user turned off Maximized state [TuxPaper]

BUGFIX: UI | MacOSX: Fixed Drag and Drop for moving torrents in My Torrents view [TuxPaper]

BUGFIX: UI | A few config pages had their labels missing [TuxPaper]

>> Get it HERE

BitComet 0.92 released

Robert
    By Robert,

BT client

v0.92 2007.08.31

GUI Improved: task list sorting by task name use pronunciation order

GUI Improved: add "toolkit" menu to download softwares correlated with BitComet

GUI Improved: the global max upload rate in preferences dialog must larger than 10kB/s

GUI Improved: the notice window of free disk space insufficiency will not close until user click

GUI Improved: improved torrent file maker dialog layout, supporting dialog resize

GUI Improved: display file type icons in file list of BT task

GUI Improved: display connection time in peer list of BT task

GUI Improved: HTTP/FTP task support hash check (only support certain files)

GUI Bugfix: bug in sorting my shared torrent list by whether shared

GUI Bugfix: torrent file association error in Windows Vista

GUI Bugfix: downloaded file is not selected correctly when view task save folder in Windows Vista

GUI Bugfix: the right and bottom edge of torrent file maker dialog and BT task properties dialog is not displayed correctly in Windows Vista

GUI Bugfix: RealMediaSplitter.ax registration failed in Windows Vista, result in fail to preview rmvb file

GUI Bugfix: available space size in BT task properties dialog displayed in red color mistakenly, not considering task downloaded size

GUI Bugfix: the option of replace wildcard "(*)" to letters does not work in add HTTP download group dialog

GUI Bugfix: fail to set torrent file create date when add it to my shared torrent list from new BT task dialog

Core Improved: add "preview download mode" in BT task context menu, supporting download pieces in sequence

Core Improved: eMule plugin support sending crash report

Core Bugfix: new BT task will stop downloading due to nonexistent disk error in some situation

Core Bugfix: default TCP half open limit in Windows Vista is displayed as 0. it's 10 actually

>> Get it HERE

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS