VB81_XuR_EXE 2007-08-28 released

Robert
    By Robert,

Sinclair ZX-81 emulator

** 28/08/2007

- Minor update in the path selector...CHR,ROM,C and Bin can be loaded in memory (UDG,ROM&CODES)

- Virtual Tape menu added.

- TZX & T81 format supported, can be loaded with LOAD"" or LOAD"NAME" (Save command don't refresh the current file but generate a P file on your hard disk.)

- Hrg Memotech card updated (0000h-0400h segment can be set without hrg display).

- Direct type-in ZX chars in binary editor (press control).

- Quick Silva UDG Card supported :

1) UDG mirrored at 8400h(set1) and 8600h(set2 - reversed graphics).

2) Use the RAND USR QCopy to print the screen (in the driver "CHAR.P" file)

>> Get it HERE.

Fanjita leaves the PSP scene

Mooney
    By Mooney,
    The Last Hurrah

It's with much regret that I have to announce that I'm going to retire from the sharp end of the PSP homebrew scene. The betrayal of trust that preceded the Pandora release was extremely hurtful, and has left me unable to fully trust the people I'd previously enjoyed working so hard with. And so, I have had to decide to stop working on projects that require that level of trust.

Besides that, life continues to be very busy in the run up to fatherhood, and there are various non-PSP projects that I'd like to play with. Not to mention the fact that I'm tired of the continual pressure and idiocy of the PSP scene - long gone are the fun days of pioneering amongst like minds, in a mutually supportive and gentlemanly environment.

The Pandora Battery therefore marks my last major PSP project. I expect that Team C+D and Noobz will continue to release stuff without me, and I still hope to finish up some of the non-exploit projects that I'd been working on (Installotron, piKey etc.).

It was a fun ride while it lasted.

Source: Fanjita's Blog

Fanjita was one of the best devs in the PSP scene, responsible for many loaders and exploits. He will be greatly missed.

[Review] Tekken Tag Tournament

BlackKnight
    By BlackKnight,

Devia Eleven has posted a review of Tekken Tag Tournament for the PlayStation 2.

200px-Tttusposter1999.jpg

Check it out and leave comments here.

GP2X F-200 Announced

BlackKnight
    By BlackKnight,

gp2x2.jpg

Gamepark Holdings is planning on releasing an update to their homebrew handheld in the form of a GP2X F-200 this October. The features are as follows;

* Color: White

* All new touch screen interface

* New and improced 8-way digital pad

* Comes with various in-built games: Blocked, GhostPix, Cavestory, Phishy, Ruck-Man, SQdef

* 5 new game titels available at launch

* Multi-tasking functionality: enjoy music while reading E-books or browsing photos

* 3.5 inch LCD screen with 320*240 (30 frames) resolution

* Simple and convenient E-book viewer

* Size: 134.6x82.9x29.6 mm

* Weight: 161 g (without battery)

This new system is white, has a touchscreen and stylus ala the DS, an apparently far improved d-pad and comes with Cave Story built in! Will it be any more desirable a handheld than its dismal current iteration? Time will tell.

Source: Play-Asia.

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS