Shash DeSmuME WIP

iq_132
    By iq_132,

Shash has written a pretty large post with an informal to-do list. He's also managed to fix Dead 'n' Furious.

... I wanted to fix Dead'n'furious, as it seemed to fail rendering 3D or stall while getting ingame. I really didn't knew, so I started to work, first to understand why it was failing. The first debugging sessions showed that it was in fact sending stuff to the 3D renderer, so it wasn't freezing, only not rendering onscreen.

Screenshots and full text here:

http://shashemudev.blogspot.com/2007/08/sm...provements.html

COMX Emulator v0.8.3 released

Mooney
    By Mooney,
    My emulator emulates the fairly unkown COMX-35 computer from the early 80s and also some other 1802 based machines like the Cosmac Elf, Studio II and Cidelsa.

Current version is 0.8.3 and I'm still working on improvements, mainly on additional HW support for the COMX like disk support, printer and other.

Source / Downloads (For Windows)

Thanks to Reaper Man (a.k.a. bmecoli) for the tip!

jEnesisDS v0.5 NeoFlash

Mooney
    By Mooney,

Sega Genesis emulator for NDS

v0.5 *

- Implemented save-states (touch slot icons to load/save)

- Extended SRAM compatibility. Story of Thor and Phantasy Star IV should work now.

- Extended "force update" of HW renderer. Fixes Sonic3 intro, Sonic Bonus stage and probably others.

- Fixed sprites showing garbage if more than 64 sprites were displayed. (Comix Zone, Outrun, Sonic, well most games i guess).

- Partial rewrite of sprite handling in the HW renderer. Less slowdowns when a lot of sprites are displayed.

- Implemented better VSync. Fixes temporary speedups after slowdowns.

- Implemented vertical scaling option into HW renderer (horizontal is NOT possible, dont ask!).

Aspect ratio will be incorrect, but makes games more enjoyable (at least in my opinion).

- Implemented screen positioning in HW renderer (touch screen to pause, then use [D-Pad] to scroll.

Push [A] for faster scrolling)

- Rewrote DS interrupt system for HW renderer. Probably less slowdowns, surely safer.

- Added "Fake Z80" option. The faking code can mess up some games (Ghouls n' Ghosts, Aladdin, Cool Spot 2, and others), so it can be turned off now. Interestingly enough, if it is turned off, real Z80 emulation will be executed, BUT just under certain circumstances, to keep games working and not to slow things down. As with other options, some games might depend on a certain setting to boot (Gaiares just boots when this option is set to "off").

Source

Stella 2.4 released

Robert
    By Robert,

Atari 2600 emulator

August 20, 2007

Stella release 2.4 for Linux, Mac OSX and Windows is now available. Ports to other operating systems will be released as they become available. A partial list of features is:

* Added new video sub-system where fullscreen and windowed modes are treated differently. Windowed modes now use '-zoom_tia' and '-zoom_ui' arguments, while fullscreen modes can be specified by resolution using the new '-fullres' argument.

* Widescreen video modes are now supported; Stella will simply center the image with surrounding black borders.

* Many UI-related changes, including resizable ROM launcher and debugger windows, and a new UI palette (the previous 'classic' palette is still available). This is still a work in progress.

* The locations of all major config files (statedir, palette file, cheat file, properties file, etc) are now configurable from the commandline and within the UI.

* Updates to TIA palette support. Added SECAM support, and removed the built-in 'original' palette. Standard, z26, and user are still available.

* Various bugfixes to some debugger commands. The 'run' command no longer causes a crash, and several others have better error-checking.

* Added more complete cartridge auto-detection for Commavid (CV), 3E, 3F and Activision (FE) formats.

* Removed XStart and Width ROM properties, since the forthcoming TIA rework won't be using them.

* Reworked internal storage of ROM properties to be faster and take up less space.

* Added several different ways of stretching the OpenGL image to the '-gl_fsmax' argument, for more flexibility.

* Removed OpenGL aspect ratio setting favour of the previously mentioned video changes. We'll see how this goes.

* Removed dirty-rect support from software rendering, since it was actually sub-optimal in Windows and OSX and defaulted to off in previous versions.

* Added support for gzipped ROMs.

* Re-added pause support.

* Re-added support for Windows 98.

* Removed support for 'STELLA_BASEDIR' environment variable, since each config file can be now configured separately.

* Removed '-fastscbios' argument, since it must always be turned on.

* Removed PSP support, since it hasn't been updated in over a year, and someone else is maintaining another port elsewhere.

* For the Unix/Linux port; fixed 'make install' issues, and changed icon to PNG format.

Have Fun!

Changelog / Download

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS