MamePlayer 1.6.9 released

Robert
    By Robert,

Front End

- Fixed: crash when the last favourite set is removed, and text is typed into the search box.

- Fixed: crash if you accidentally clicked 'no' when your firewall asked for approval on mame commandline executions (-verifyroms is one). mp.dat wouldn't be created which led to a 'file not found error' the next time you clicked 'verify all sets'. Deleting mp.ini was the only solution.

- Fixed: not switching from favourites to non favourites view after 'Verify All Sets'.

- Removed: support for defunct path/directory options.

- Fixed: crash if splitters went out of view, when the main interface is resized.

- Changed: titlebar caption, so that MAME version is before application name, making it visible on the taskbar.

- Added: Default MAME Options button to the toolbar.

Changelog / Download

jEnesisDS v0.4a released

Mooney
    By Mooney,

Sega Genesis emulator for DS

As promised, here is the updated version with the newer cpu core.

I decided to split the HW and SW renderer versions, because it makes my life a bit easier...

The SW renderer version is included as a separate binary in this release and features 2 different scaling types:

"Jitter" might look better for action games, "Blend" mostly makes text more readable.

There is also a new option in the HW renderer: Force Update

If enabled, it reduces the chance of tile corruptions, but can also lead to massive slowdowns, if a game updates more tiles than the DS can handle in rapid succession.

So "off" is basically faster. You can however switch to "on" temporarily, if the tiles got corrupted to force a one-time update (Viewpoint).

Source and Download: DCEmu release thread

PSP Custom Firmware 3.51 M33 WLAN update

Mooney
    By Mooney,
    This update fixes a secondary effect that 3.51 wlan.prx caused in 1.50 wlan.prx,

which made wlan homebrew not to work.

Ths issue was caused by sony code of 3.51 wlan.prx, and not by M33 code.

It doesn't happen replacing 3.51 wlan.prx with 3.40 one.

- M33 Team

Source and Downloads: DCEmu

Lameboy 0.9 released

Robert
    By Robert,

Game Boy / Game Boy Color emulator for the DS

Lameboy DS 0.9

Here it comes. Not as many fixes as I expected to put in this release, but did not want to delay it any longer. There is no change to sound core so don’t expect any improvement there.

Remember what I said about no hardware bilinear upscaling in NDS in the last note? Actually I was wrong - you can get it with some simple tricks. So now you can toggle between no scaling / nearest neighbour / bilinear with Y button.

Lameboy DS 0.9

Changelog:

* fixed: joypad register emulation (fixes Wario Blast)

* fixed: GBC hdma (fixes Pokemon Crystal graphics)

* fixed: interrupt flags emulation (fixes Bouble Bobble)

* fixed: V-blank interrupt timing (fixes Altered Space)

* fixed: split window emulation (fixes Donkey Kong graphics)

* fixed: GB timer initialization (fixes Pokemon Pinball)

* added: fake serial interrupts (fixes many early games)

* added: RTC emulation

* added: pseudo bilinear upscaling mode

RTC feature needs more explanation. I tested it with only one game - Pokemon Crystal, so it can be considered beta. The emulated time is always synchronized to NDS RTC and not affected by fast mode. It’s the same behaviour as in VBA and opposite to GNUBoy’s. Also save style is compatible to VBA, with one issue: I think there is no way to check time zone in NDS (as it is not set) so I fixed it to +2h. If your timezone is different you will get timeshift between Lameboy and VBA.

Changelog / Download

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS