Anybody can play the Nintendo Wii ... including babies!

Alpha
    By Alpha,

Check out these 2 very funny and very amazing videos of babies and their ways of interacting with the Nintendo Wii!

Wee Wii Mii - 22-month old video gamer

Thanks to Olaf!

Baby laughing at the Wii

Another baby laughing

WinUAE 1.4.3 Public Beta 7

Hawq
    By Hawq,

Seems an appropriate enough location for this, the latest public beta form this cycle is out, news:

- rom scanner detects overdumped roms again

- added "(SK)" to A3000 KS 1.3 ROM name (SuperKickstart disk rip, this version has never been in ROM chip format, only included because it comes with AF)

- removed A4091 boot rom from scan result dialog (NCR SCSI won't be implemented in next version)

- removed add host scsi from advanced chipset (not working)

- added more rom choices to "highend" configuration

- rom scanner didn't write full path to registry (zipped roms)

- command line configuration parameters accept compressed configuration files ("-f myconfigurations.zip\myconfig.uae")

- some dms compressed files failed to decompress and also took very long time to finish

- disk history is updating correctly again

- new rtg.library version number bump. added warning if older library is installed. NOTE: new rtg.library is fully compatible with older (Win)UAE versions.

- disabled CDTV debug logging

- hrtmon works again

- gzip decompression works again

»» Grab it here

CPS3 Tile Compression Part 3

Alpha
    By Alpha,

CPS3 Tile Compression Part 3

Sean’s Stage in SFIII New Generation uses a different compression scheme to the other games. For some reason, Capcom decided that one stage, in one game would use a different system. The Compression used on this level supports 8bpp tiles instead of 6, thus allowing for more colours, but a less efficient compression scheme. I’ve spent some time looking at this, and mostly figured out how it works. There are still a few problems, but I now have reocgnizable background tiles at least.

sean2ny3.png

sean3gi4.png

http://haze.mameworld.info/2007/06/27/cps3...ression-part-3/

Thanks to James and Hawq for the news!

[Review] Odin Sphere

BlackKnight
    By BlackKnight,

Hey everyone, I just posted a review for Odin Sphere for the PS2.

odinsphere-0.jpg

A game that does as conventional things in as remarkably unconventional ways as Vanillaware’s Odin Sphere, and succeeds, is a special kind of rarity that PlayStation 2 owners are lucky enough to now laid before them. Odin Sphere is an action / role-playing hybrid framed by a compelling and tight nonlinear narrative, and presented with high-resolution 2d graphics and extraordinary production values. While it may get off to a slow start, and it may be blisteringly difficult to the newcomer with some area for improvement in controls and inventory mechanics, this game is only a very slightly flawed masterpiece. I cannot adequately stress the enormous disservice any PS2 owner is rendering themselves by neglecting Odin Sphere.

Forgive me if its a bit muddled in places. Have a read here.

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS