sound cards

Weirdy

well..lately I have been thinking of upgrading the sound on this here heep

especially since during the summer I upgraded the graphics, I'm looking to see what would be the best cheap pci sound card. Currenly I am still on onboard sound, which isn't bad, but I know it can be extremely better. It is 16-bit audio with a max samplerate of 48khz with 2 channel audio.

this is something cool I saw. Any other suggestions or sites? (U.S only btw)

Unless you have a 5.1 or 7.1 speaker set up I don't think you'll notice that much of a difference. And you don't really play PC games either so I don't see the point in getting an uber cool card. I have a Soundblaster Live! Platinum and I don't think I'll be changing it anytime soon.

I've always just ran onboard audio. and have never had any issues. Just upgrade to some nice speakers.

I've always just ran onboard audio. and have never had any issues. Just upgrade to some nice speakers.

What do you have? I've got RealTek '97 Audio with two speakers and a sub, no problems at all and the speakers are good.

If you're into PC gaming and stuff, higher end sound cards are a really good investment.

Provided you have a proper speaker setup to go with it.

It's nice playing a game with EAX and a 5.1 setup, you can hear stuff behind you, beside you etc and know where someone else is.

What do you have? I've got RealTek '97 Audio with two speakers and a sub, no problems at all and the speakers are good.

that's exactly what I have. never let me down yet. :D