Philosophy Topic 1 Afterlife

Diso

there's a heaven for the gods and angels and there's a hell for people that've done evil deeds and for people waiting to be bought back to life, also u have to drink this soup thingy that erase ur memories. most people just come back to our life but as different things but if u've have dones really bad deeds or killed themselives than u will stay in the 18th floors of hell and and 18th is the worse, and if u killed urself then u'll keep killing urself. mostly monks and other holy people will have a chance to go to heaven and become a follower of a goddness but i'm not so sure about how that works tho

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there's a heaven for the gods and angels and there's a hell for people that've done evil deeds and for people waiting to be bought back to life, also u have to drink this soup thingy that erase ur memories. most people just  come back to our life but as different things but if u've have dones really bad deeds or killed themselives than u will stay in the 18th floors of hell and and 18th is the worse, and if u killed urself then  u'll keep killing urself. mostly monks and other holy people will have a chance to go to heaven and become a follower of a goddness but i'm not so sure about how that works tho

What faith is that?

I'm a self-studied buddhist, but in what most would probably call a philosophical way, more than a spiritual, although it's spiritual for me. I love the basic principles, the things that are said to be core to the teachings of the Buddha - the Four Noble Truths, and the Eightfold Path, etc. Those make sense to me; their truth and positive effects are visible with my own still-living eyes. At least, as long as you think of enlightenment as a really great state of normal existance (rather than some miraculous physical transformation), and reincarnation as something that was included because it was, culturally, a commonly accepted fact in that part of the world at that time.

However, I don't really like all the ritual and dogma that have been added over the years by the various branches of Buddhism. Things like "only monks can achieve enlightenment" and "you drink magical soup after you die," etc. Making those types of things an important part of your religion, and therefore ideally an important part of your daily life, seems contrary to the basic teachings to me. I'm reminded of the story of the monk who burned wooden budda statues to keep him and his fellow monks from freezing. It's the basic principles that matter, not the book or the ritual.

As for the afterlife.. I'm up in the air. There are a million different takes on the afterlife, and not one has any solid proof over another. Maybe we get reincarnated? Maybe we spend eternity in heaven or hell? Maybe we get our hearts weighed by Anubis or maybe we just cease to exist? I'm open to all interpretations, but I'm not willing to throw my lot in with any one of them.

doesn't reincarnation makes more sense, since people are dying everyday but babies are born everyday, and heaven and hell thing is kinda true but since u can't really c it then i don't believe it as much

doesn't reincarnation makes more sense, since people are dying everyday but babies are born everyday, and heaven and hell thing is kinda true but since u can't really c it then i don't believe it as much

Well people dying and being born doesn't make reincarnation make any sense. It's basically rationalizing it. And how are heaven and hell "kinda true"? What does that mean? So you believe in it somewhat but since you can't see it you don't believe in it all the way? :(

damn it who post this damn topic, it's making think but the stuff i said isn't making sense so i think i'm gonna stop posting in this topic

heaven and hell are right here on eath now. I dunno or consern myself to much with what comes after. although I do love a good ghost story. and lean towards paranormal explanations for the unexplained.