Ending of HL2

L.S.D

I hope the game ends not so quickly like Deus Ex 2.  :P

No, the game is quite long actually, if you take your time and don't try to speedrun through it.

Aktually I play Doom 3 , I play single-player game like these most only once time in a week , for 2 till 3 hours. *Fridays

I dont like it to pay 80 euros and more for a game that will be ends after playing 15 hours. ( Normal Difficulty). Deus Ex 1 , I needed ca. 40 hours , Deus Ex 2 was finished after 21 hours.

I play new games "extra slow" , so I have longer time fun with it.

Ok , I will buy HL2 in 2 - 3 weeks.

ps : Deus Ex 1 , I played 4 times till end , last times faster...(love this game) and I play only one game in Multiplayer modus , thats the good old "Soldier of Fortune 1 "from the year 2000.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody shoulda put SPOILER!!!! or something in the subject.. Even though there weren't really any.. but this might be, so..

***SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!*****************

The ending was OK from a storytelling point of view, but not great. A great ending would have wrapped SOMETHING up, but still left the cliffhanger. This was just a deus ex machina of the worst kind. By the end of the game, you didn't know a single thing more than you did half an hour into the game. That is, unless it wasn't obvious that you'd be defeating the oppressive regime in some sense. You don't ever really find out how succesful you were. For an 18 hour story, that's not storytelling to brag about.

I get a kick out of the g-man thing, but at this rate, we'd need as many games as there were episodes in the x-files tv series to learn a damn thing about him/you. As it is, he's basically a cheap, but kind of cool, excuse to put you in whatever situation valve comes up with.

Don't get me wrong, the game is a lot of fun. It's not some revolutionary thing like all the reviews are saying, but it's probably the best FPS this year.

And, as has always been the case with Half Life, the story is kinda weak overall, but the storytelling is pretty cool while you're playing through it. They managed to tell a story at least as intricate as any other FPS, but didn't rely on cutscenes for any but the very begiinning and end of it. That's something to be commended.

It's just the ending that's lame.

Games have a SERIOUS problem these days storyline wise, they go way too fast, and they end way too soon, and not only do they end too soon, they end crappily, Halo 2? That was supposed to hold me over for a nother 3-4 years when halo 3 comes out? err, no? I beat it in less than a day, and within a couple weeks i became bored with it. HL2? Lets see, that came out in what? 98? k, so that means HL2 is supposed to hold me over for 6+ YEARS?!?! And dont say get CSS or DOD or some crap, it all gets boring.

Im going to start playing only twitch shooters, there is usually no storyline, and you just blast away for hours on end, and you dont have to get all involved and dedicated, you can just have fun. Games nowadays seem like chores. Everyone says Doom 3 was a dissapointment, While i admit the mulitplayer is crap, and the system compatibility is crap, At least the storyline was somewhat cool, and i dont get too bored of it, play it on super hard mode and use the enemy spawn codes so there are like 500 million enimies on screen and see how far you can get, awesome fun :P

Painkiller, Doom 3, UT2k4 (for you multiplayer needs), etc, are all sweet, but im getting sick of all these new games, They are making them so complicated they arent fun anymore. Halo 2 has a little bit too much perfection, or ALOT of lack of something, It just got boring, Simple games that you can just pick up and play, and have it still be challenging are the best. Face it, you dont NEED to be able to do stupid things like pick up empty beer cans, throw one up in the air, then quickly pick up a crate and see if you can catch it. I eant explosions and flying bodies damnit, thats it.

Max Payne 2: The Game that Should have Sold More Copies was also a sweet game, with a sweet storyline, and they did it with PICTURES, while some aspects of the game where frustrating, it was still fun, and theres even a mod to make it into an FPS.

I dont know if any of you know what im talking, about, its really hard to explain, its kind of like, would you rather play Full Spectrum Warrior (1 button has like 9+ functions in that game somehow) or Rainbow Six 3?

Summary: Twitch shooters rule, game devvers are wasting time putting in useless features and not focusing on what they should be doing, Its not a contest to see whos game is most realistic or cool looking, its about having fun, Gaming isnt supposed to be a chore that you have to get super ultra involved in, its supposed to be fun.

Summary: Twitch shooters rule, game devvers are wasting time putting in useless features and not focusing on what they should be doing, Its not a contest to see whos game is most realistic or cool looking, its about having fun, Gaming isnt supposed to be a chore that you have to get super ultra involved in, its supposed to be fun.

Eh, you said it yourself about Halo 2, games need a little complexity or they get boring. It's finding the right combination of simplicity and options that's the key to a game's popularity + longevity formula. If it were something as simple as "perfecting the twitch shooter formula" then Quake 3: Arena would have been the end-all of FPS games. Thank god it wasn't. You need a little something extra in there to keep things interesting for more than 15 minutes. Otherwise, you're right back to "chore."

Edited by Daeval