Oh man, check this deal

Mag

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks..

btw.. any advice on hardware check ? checking damage maybe a little complicated even for a naked eye, what do you recommend ?

Well if the hardware is bad then the software won't run. I guess you can look to see if everything is seated properly, all the connectors are tight, the cables are nice and neat. But the real test is if it runs software.

• 2 weeks later...

I just test out the rig, so far I'm very impressed. I'm recieving it tonight once the owner backup all his files (he has to go and buy a HD).

I also installed 3DMark05 (pro), and stress test the graphics for now, just once. Got a pretty good score, if I can remember it was 4000ish, I think a little higher than 4500+, can't remember.

Anyway I also test out Doom3 and Half Life 2, yes everything is on high settings, and at the right resolution. Half Life 2 runs very smooth and fast, played it on the prison stage for a little bit. Now Doom3 is what I'm impressed the most, I played Doom3 before on another PC with a high end video card (ATI 9600XT), but I can tell a difference in shading and details on the 6800GT OC 256MB.