First GBC Emulator for PSP Released

Gryph

I was performing my morning combing through Slashdot and came across this news article:

The first real Gameboy emulator has just been released for the PSP. It currently only works with the Japanese 1.0 PSP and doesn’t have sound support – but it’s amazing how quickly these homebrew apps are being developed.

It then links to this forum post where the author has this so say:

Ladies and gentlemen, hello. I am Japanese who one of the PSP fans.

GB emulator for PSP was released by Mr. MIRAKICHI in 2ch that was

the most famous forum in Japan a little while ago.

It links with the file.

http://psp.holybell.to/uploader/upload/gbemu1.zip

screen shot

http://psp.holybell.to/uploader/upload/PICT0791.jpg

Please rename a GAME ROM to ROM.GB and put it to the same folder as EBOOT.PBP. In the firm only version 1.00, operation is confirmed.

Please enjoy it!!!

It's be pointless to download it since it only works with Japanese PSPs (but I thought there was no region lock?). But this is a good start to put that PSP to some real use. :rolleyes:

yo, it's not that it's region locked, it's that the jap psp's have the 1.0 firmware that has a security hole that'll allow it to run homebrew apps(dumped commercial games do not work as of now).

the future's looking bright :rolleyes:

yo, it's not that it's region locked, it's that the jap psp's have the 1.0 firmware that has a security hole that'll allow it to run homebrew apps(dumped commercial games do not work as of now).

the future's looking bright :rolleyes:

Thanks for that. :blink: And yes, the future is looking bright.

Too damn bright. At least there are uses for the PSP now other then feeding Sony with money.