Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Announced!

Gryph

id and Splash Damaga just announced the game Enemy Territory: Quake Wars! Here's a bit from the press release:

“For years, fans have enjoyed incredible battles on the Strogg home planet; but with ENEMY TERRITORY: QUAKE WARS, we’re taking players back to the war that started it all – the Strogg invasion of Earth – where the choice is to fight with the humans or the alien Strogg in a massive campaign for survival,” said Todd Hollenshead, CEO, id Software. “Like all great id Software games, ENEMY TERRITORY: QUAKE WARS unites bleeding-edge technology, a fantastic universe, and meticulously balanced gameplay to deliver an engrossing and futuristic gaming experience.”

“We have been so proud of Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory’s™ rave reviews, ‘Game of the Year’ awards, and massive fan-base, so to work with id again in developing ENEMY TERRITORY: QUAKE WARS is an amazing opportunity.” states Paul Wedgwood, Lead Game Designer and Owner of Splash Damage Ltd. “The stories of the Strogg invasion of Earth have always fascinated me, and now through ENEMY TERRITORY: QUAKE WARS, we’re able to bring this incredible war to life with an uncompromising level of detail and realism.”

http://www.shacknews.com/docs/press/051605_quakewars.x

I'm a huge RTCW: ET fan so I'm really looking forward to this. Multiplayer team FPS + strategy + Quake universe = the win. However, this is a full game as in you'll have to buy it, it's not a free download like RTCW:ET.

Here is a screenshot (this is one of the best screenshots ever taken): qw14jy.th.jpg

BAH =(

Anyways, this is getting my full dollars because of the ET and Quake Value of such a title.

This game looks like it's going to be the shiznits. But, damn I have to update, get either PS3 or 360, and then more new equipment (controlers, memory cards, etc..). All this good games coming out I'll probably only get one >.<

This game looks like it's going to be the shiznits. But, damn I have to update, get either PS3 or 360, and then more new equipment (controlers, memory cards, etc..). All this good games coming out I'll probably only get one >.<

This game hasn't been announced for consoles but I'm sure it will come out on the XBOX 360.