UT 2004

Sorry I tried to find the other topic that I made regarding this but wasn't able to find it.

Well, I finally saved up some money to buy UT2k4 and at Best Buy I saw 3 different versions.

Unreal Tournament 2004

Unreal Tournament 2004 DVD Edition

Unreal Tournament 2004 Editors Choice..

Which one do you recommend me to buy?...They are priced about the same other than the first edition...

Give me some advice please, thanks. :rofl:

I think editor is the one with the new official maps and it's updated, get that one!

Edit: Hey gryph, can't you get those somwere else? I want to see them and see if they were for any use <.<

Edit2: I mean buy the DVD w/o the game

Edited by Drake

If all you want is the game, get the cheapest one. All of the Editor's Choice Edition stuff, like the extra maps and vehicles, are available for download from the UT2K4 site for free.

If you're hoping to edit the game - make maps, mods, etc - then you might consider the Editor's Choice Edition for the video tutorials. I have to say though, there are a TON of free resources out there for editing Unreal, and I'd be surprised if you couldn't download those videos somewhere, so if it's a huge price difference I wouldn't bother.

Edit: UT2K4 ECE Bonus Material: http://www.unrealtournament.com/news/view.php?id=2248

Edited by Daeval

if you have a dvd drive I'd get the dvd edition, less discs to worry about -_-

I'd be surprised if you couldn't download those videos somewhere, so if it's a huge price difference I wouldn't bother.

Actually most of tutorial vids are offline permanently now due to 3DBuzz's servers hosting so much content. Only ways to get them is buying the tutorial disc from them, the ECE Game or a someone who is willing to send 8 gigs of videos to you. They are a better quality then their online versions (which REALLY helps).