Quick Advice

I'm thinking of buying new sets of mouse and keyboard. I got my eyes fixed on the new Logitech - MX1000 Laser Cordless Mouse w/ Logitech Multimedia Keyboard.

Or should I buy the combo set (mouse + keyboard)? For the combo, I was leaning towards Microsoft - Optical Desktop Elite for Bluetooth.

What is Bluetooth anyways?

Thanks for your input.

The MX-1000 is a hardcore mouse. I would never get the Optical Desktop Elite but that's for personal reasons. I HATE the way they've changed the layout of so many keys, especially the six keys above the arrows. flockers. Most new keyboards are like that too, even the Logitech but I'd go with them instead.

Cordless Mouse + Keyboard = Teh suck for gaming reasons. Response delay, and you'll wanna break em in half if the batteries decide they are going to die right in the middle of a game.

If you don't play games, by all means go ahead. Otherwise, you'll regret it.

I haven't regretted my Logiech coordless mouse in gaming. The really is no lag, at least I don't see it. True, you have to be careful with the batteries though

Thanks for your input guys, well I did end up getting Logitech MX1000 (no batteries) and so far the mouse is awesome

For the keyboard, I got a logitech Multimdeia keyboard, and its not that bad so far.

I haven't played any games and so I wouldn't know how the mouse will be...but hopefully it won't be much of a disappointment..