Dreamcast Boot CDs

I have tried the Utopia 1.1 and 1.3 boot CDs (the ones with the spinning transparant reindeer thing) and I'm wondering if there are any better boot discs worth trying.

I have a PAL Dreamcast and when I run NTSC games (jap or US), I get some pretty big black borders at the top and bottom of the screen. Is there a boot disc that allows me to force NTSC or PAL video modes or do all discs just use default options that cannot be changed.

Thanks.

A few games actually come with an option to change the Hz. But you have to know which games actually have it. I know Project Justice has it.

A few games actually come with an option to change the Hz. But you have to know which games actually have it. I know Project Justice has it.

Yeah, most PAL games have the option to choose 60hz, but a lot of games are NTSC and when playing on a PAL machine, show black borders.

I am looking for a boot CD where you can specify the video mode you want the game to run in.

EDIT: to Agozer - The borders are always getting smaller and since the DC, lots of games have 60hz options. The borders I get when running an NTSC game on my PAL DC are similar size to games from the SNES days, ie: too big.

PS: I f***ing hate PAL.

Edited by hi_resurrection

Yeah, most PAL games have the option to choose 60hz, but a lot of games are NTSC and when playing on a PAL machine, show black borders.

It should be the other way around, but what would I know. NTSC games shouldn't show black borders. Black borders are caused by the TV, not the signal, of course developers can make it so that the black bars aren't there... but rarely do so, since it requires more coding.

I have another bootdisc that I haven't tried called DC-IE (Import Enabler). I can email it to you and you can give it a try.

I tried the DC-IE boot CD (thanks a lot Gryph :P ) and the games still run in 50hz mode. I think the DC-X boot CD may work but it is impossible to find.

Anybody else know which boot CDs may fix my PAL nightmares?

thanks