Lag in games yet short pings

Ok, so I got a problem, a little after I downloaded GUNZ the game started, well, lagging for me , everyone said my ping was under 80 yet I still lagged in game or at least looked like I was speed hacking. I figured, meh, it's still a BETA, wait a bit longer, but then, today, I played UT Goty, and even tried it out on some CS servers, and I'm getting the same problem, any of you ever experienced this before?

Edit: I have 3.0 MPS and it ain't video lag since one time I put everyone on low for GUNZ and UT (didn't try it with low video setting's on cs tho).

Edited by Drake

You might want to check your system from spyware, malware and such... and also check if one of your active processes take extra amount of memory in the background.

Hmm, now that you mention it, I do have some weird names in my task manager running I never seen before. I'll d/l some anti-virus program and post what happens.

Just what are those 'weird' names anyway?

Services.exe, Csrss.exe, and Ctfmon.exe are running on my system as well.

Sccrs gets my attention though, it's might be a spyware/whatever program trying to masquerade as Csrss.exe, I'm not sure.

Oops, sorry, mispelled Sccrs, it's smss.exe. O and it was csrss.exe. I also found a knew one called lsass.exe. Guess I'll check on them

Turns out there all window's based programs. No virusis.

Edited by Drake