Yay im angry again!

Yeah so im angry because once again ive been absent here. The reason why is computer troubles, i have the guide on OCing your Dreamcast, getting DTS/other cool modes of audio out from your Xbox without buying an HD pack cable, and a guide on how to use your Xbox controller on your PC.

I have a guide on how to make a USB battery but im not sure if anyone wants it (Uhhh...it charges your portable devices with a usb interface)

Im going to make a guide on how to make a dongle for your Xbox for USB devices but im in need of another USB extension cable before i can begin experimenting with that and make a guide, so i guess thats going to be whenever i get around to it/find the cable.

BUT, im unable to upload, i have to keep borring peoples computers and such, and im not able to get online regularly.

Once i get my computer all fixed, ill be able to get on every day again and then upload those guides. for now ill just post around and such while i have this laptop.

I'm not sure what Shiba means by a dongle, the usual meaning is a copy-protection device. You plug it into the parallel port (LPT1) and the software checks for the dongle and its signature. Because the dongle is a physical device, it's hard to pirate. Some C64 programs also used them.

Dongle

Primarily, yes it's a security device for software.......a hardware auth key.

Can mean anything really though, there are "dongles" for PCMCIA modem/ethernet cards (I have one) and really anything that attaches to your PC that acts as an interface for something else is a "dongle", such as the PSX/N64 adapter I have here.......thats a "dongle" per-say. If it in itself doesn't directly attach to your PC, but has direct communication with the PC.........it's a dongle.

Now I know. The word dongle has been bothering me for the longest time.

same here, i was too lasy to search for it's meaning

dongles was also popular with action reply/gameshark when they made a memory card of sorts to hold cheats and such and they still use them for some systems.

the xbox controller to pc mod is easy to do if you got decent soldering skills, just open the controller plug and solder the matching wires of your usb cable then get the drivers and you're set.