The Cure for HIV?!?

This is amazing, finally there is some luck for MAGIC JOHNSON!

Wooohhh..but one question, this focuses on before you attract HIV right? So why would they give it to people who already have HIV? (may have misunderstood)

I don't think magic has HIV. just my opinion, Magic announced he had HIV in 1991. it's been 14 years. since he announced. prolly add a few years to that before he knew or told anyone. and he is still as healthy as ever. something isn't right there. either there are treatments that only the super rich have access to, or it was some kind of stunt to generate awareness.

If you take aggressive action against HIV very early after you're infected, you can keep it at bay with medicine. Because he is rich he can afford those medicines.

Another thing about hiv/aids is that the better health you are in, the longer you last. Being a professional athelete is a definite plus.

thats pretty awsome man , i remember when people said they where never going to make a cure for aids lol.. its just amazing

i'm not that good with health but isn't HIV and aids different?? i don't really know

thats pretty awsome man , i remember when people said they where never going to make a cure for aids lol.. its just amazing

i'm not that good with health but isn't HIV and aids different?? i don't really know

HIV is the virus that causes AIDS. Here is part of a lab report I wrote that explains it in a quick and easy fashion.

1.) What is the difference between AIDS and HIV?

HIV, which stands for Human Immunodeficiency Virus, is a retrovirus which can cause Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome, or AIDS. HIV is the agent that causes the disease while AIDS is the group of immune deficiency symptoms, or syndrome, that characterizes the disease which occurs in the final stage of an HIV infection.

2.) How does HIV work?

HIV is a retrovirus so its genetic code is stored in RNA. In order to replicate it transcribes DNA from RNA with the use of reverse transcriptase. The DNA is then incorporated into that of the host cell which hijacks the machinery to make more HIV.

First, HIV enters through mucous membrane and then infects CD4+ cells which then replicate rapidly and spread all across the body with the help the blood stream, where the viral particles infect the lymphoid organs. The immune system counter attacks but the virus in the lymphoid tissues remain and replicate. HIV has a high mutation rate so that helps it to escape from the T cells. After some time, the HIV cells then attack and lay waste to the immune system which allows opportunistic diseases to flourish and eventually kill the affected individual.