This whole thing freaks me out

Hi *.*

This is my first post. I visit your board for quite some time now and decided to ask you Gods about my Emu Problem :(

This whole thing freaks me out.

For YEARS I cannot find ONE emulator for PC which plays ALL games. I have several versions of the new games like Mslug5 or samsho5

NONE of them work. I tried to edit the neogeo.dat in nebula: nothing.

tried loader: nothing. tried kawaks: nothing.

Why is it sooo hard to find ONE little working program to work with the roms?

Does anyone have some hints for me how to get everything working with ONE emulator?

cheers in advance

Edited by Mactaetus

Well I'd say MAME since everything is converting to their romset.

Now where is someone with actual knowledge on this.

Only custom MAME builds have support for all the games, but those have gone underground, ever since the MAME Team started to protect their "trademark".

You can make all games work in Nebula and Kawaks, but you'll need a Loader (either for Kawaks or Nebula). No "legal" emulator plays all games. The Loaders are fringe and not supported by ElSemi nor MHz (or whoever it is that develops Kawaks).

James (another moderator here) has his own custom MAME build that supports every single Neo-Geo set there is, but he doesn't share it in public because of the reasons I gave above. You can ask him about it, but don't expect to get the answer you want.

:( it all has to do with keeping up, and you have to have been there from the beginning in terms of neogeo games

first of all with mame, you'd have to add the games into the source code yourself in order to play them

second, they won't work because as time goes on, ppl want the games to be more like how they worked on the original machine that it was played on in order for it to be like the real thing (the point of emulation), therefore you hear more and more about newer neogeo rom sets that are encrypted being dumped

therefore, since they are encrypted, you would need decryption code being programmed into the source code of the emulator

so here is some info

1) neoragex is not open source and it does not boot encrypted rom sets

2) kawaks and nebula are not open source

Edited by Weirdy

:naughty:

I'll give it another try *g*

well as I already said: it'S really hard if you cannot come up with a decent version of an emulator which just plays ALL the games in all those years then you give up easily :P

I'll go and try NRX. Is there a specific version out which supports samsho5 and mslug5?

I'll give it another try *g*

well as I already said: it'S really hard if you cannot come up with a decent version of an emulator which just plays ALL the games in all those years then you give up easily :P

I'll go and try NRX. Is there a specific version out which supports samsho5 and mslug5?

once they become officially supported by MAME I'm sure there will be no worries towards this

for now we'll just have to wait another 2 or 3yrs before that

Use the EGCG NeoRAGEx from my site, or if you really want a slighly newer version, grab it from the 1Emulation Downloads section. It plays all decrypted, "made-to-work-on-NRX" type sets, so every game will work, if you have the right set.