iPod owners won right for free battery replacement

Alpha

26 August 2005 - As many as 1.3million American iPod owners have won the right to have their iPod’s battery replaced at Apple’s expense.

The news comes as a US judge in California has approved Apple’s proposed $100 million settlement of a class action brought against it by disgruntled iPod owners.

The lawsuit claimed that Apple had misled customers about the portable music player's battery life and that it didn’t last the life of the product.

Consumers who bought the first two models of iPod can claim either $25 in cash, or a $50 credit note against buying a new one. If they have already paid for a replacement battery, they are entitled to claim up to half their money back.

Consumers with a third-generation iPod can however, claim a free replacement battery if the one they have fails.

Eligible iPod owners should go to www.appleipodsettlement.com.

http://www.apple.com/uk/

I heard a lot of my friends talking about the major flaws of the iPod and this was one of them. Every a couple of days I see someone with an iPod. Only once have I seen someone with a PSP, but playing games instead. :D

this is good, the battery issue is something I just heard about and I have 2 mini's I was worried about.

side note ML_iPOd winamp plugin pwns itunes!