Mednafen 0.3.1 released!

Robert

Mednafen is a portable, utilizing OpenGL and SDL, argument(command-line)-driven multi-system emulator with many advanced features. The Atari Lynx, GameBoy, GameBoy Color, GameBoy Advance, NES, PC Engine(TurboGrafx 16), and SuperGrafx are emulated. Mednafen has the ability to remap hotkey functions and virtual system inputs to a keyboard, a joystick, or both simultaneously. Save states are supported, as is real-time game rewinding. Screen snapshots may be taken at the press of a button, and are saved in the popular PNG file format.

Due to the threaded model of emulation used in Mednafen, and limitations of SDL, a joystick is preferred over a keyboard to play games, as the joystick will have slightly less latency, although the latency differences may not be perceptible to most people.

Mednafen was previously known as "Nintencer", a NES emulator which is somewhat less CPU intensive and will run on machines without OpenGL capabilities. Downloads of Nintencer will remain on the "Releases" page, and the old Nintencer branch may periodically be updated with fixes for critical bugs.

September 20, 2005 - Mednafen 0.3.1 Released

Mednafen 0.3.1 and the Win32 binary executable package are both now released. Enjoy the insanely slow PC Engine emulation!

Fixed a bug that existed since 0.2.0 that was causing a null-pointer deference in stat().

Interesting, glibc silently ignored the error, but the error caused crashing under Windows.

PCE:  The HuC6280 timer latch is now loaded with an appropriate value on reset.  Fixes

"Double Dungeons".

PCE:  Added generic PC Engine save RAM emulation.

Update:

After realizing the PC Engine sound emulation code is much slower than I thought it was, I've rewritten it to be much faster, at about the same sound quality. Expect a release incorporating this new sound code later this week, after I do bug testing.

»» Official Site