How to rip the sprite?

stephensaw

May I ask how and what tools you guys use to rip(or get) the character sprite out from a game? Is amazing. By the way, anybody have the Naruto games sprite?

Most emulators have a thing called a 'Shots Factory'. It lets you save screenshots, increment an animation by one frame, disable layers etc.

When you have all the screenshots you need, you load them up in your image-editing program and detele all the graphics you don't need from the still images. Then you put the images through a GIF animator...

Tedious as hell, and I'm sure that there's an easier method, but I'm not so much in to that to bother looking any further.

For arcade games u would use FBA, Kawaks, or Nebula. You can use mame but unless u know how to hack the game and take out the bgs and crap, its a pain in the butt.

Usually you can use what agozer mentioned a "shot factory" which is just basically disabling layers and stuff.

It must be tough work, but I seen only NeoGeo(for arcade) got this shot factory right? Like MAME itself don't have, right?

There are rips from other console games as well, such as Guilty Gear XX and Street Fighter III, but those require more work and some very specific tools.