Civilization 4 and Shattered Union

Gryph

In the midst of all these first person shooters (Quake IV, F.E.A.R., Call of Duty 2), Civilization 4 is a welcome treat for me. I'm passing up on all those games for this one because I've always loved the Civ series and I think I will get lots of mileage out of this game. Anyone else planning on getting this? It comes out on Oct. 25 which is next Tuesday.

Another turn based strategy game coming out soon is Shattered Union. Gameplay looks interesting and the subject matter intrigues me. It's about the US breaking up into several factions after a nuclear blast destroys Washington D.C. Unfortunately, no review are out yet for this game. Anyone been following this? It's coming out for XBOX too I think.

civ4 would suck up way too much of my life away. I loved civ2 so much. so I dunno if I wanna set myself up for addiction again. it's like a recovering alcholic going into a bar.

I haven't heard of the other game but if it hits xbox I may end up "Acquiring" it ;)

So, hows it handle. Anything like 2? or 3? Or a mixture of both?

The mantra seemsm to be "1/3 Old, 1/3 Improved, 1/3 New." I would give you a link but I don't have it on me right now. I read it last night as some Civilization fan site. I don't think it's leans towards either of the games in particular, it just uses the best stuff from each of them (atleast I'm hoping.)