Rumor Mill: Halo: The Movie Director

Wizard

Though fans may hope director Peter Jackson (King Kong, The Lord of the Rings) decides to change his mind and actually move behind the camera for Halo's silver screen debut, rumors suggest he's sitting firmly in the executive producer chair as directors are looked at.

Guillermo Del Toro (Hellboy, Blade II) is the first name to crop up, says film news site IESB, spurred during a press junket for Jackson's King Kong remake. Jackson hasn't made any public comments about directorial choices, and Del Toro was previously said to be into pre-production on a Hellboy sequel for Sony and Revolution Studios.

There's likely to be more than a few questions regarding Halo directed at Jackson during the hundreds of interviews he'll be conducting for the promotion of King Kong, though, so just stay tuned until the tidbits start leaking. - 1up.com

This movie will not suck.

Peter Jackson is going to do something that makes it doesn't suck.

Errrm;

Del Toro seems like a good choice, I mean Hellboy was pretty badass, while Blade II was badass in action.

Del Toro seems like a good choice, I mean Hellboy was pretty badass, while Blade II was badass in action.

I disagree. Both of those movies were unspectacular- bad even.

I am not a big fan of Jackson, or of Halo, but considering the reputation both seem to have attained the chance of this movie sucking would just be slightly lower, but not completely inconcievable. Video game movies always are bad, so this would have to be a first. No exceptions.

My bet is on this being a bad movie. Let's wait and see.